Weird day-under 800 calories eaten it's 9PM

maryrx59
maryrx59 Posts: 55 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi Guys!
I'm not sure how to handle today---not planned very well....I have only taken in 767 calories, it"s 9PM. Should I go to kitchen and eat when I'm not hungry? Or just go to bed and plan better for tomorrow? Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• if you're not hungry and you plan to go to bed anyways then i say just sleep on it and work on having a delicious, healthy filling breakfast in the morning :) something balanced like some fruit and a yogurt.
  • If you are over a 500 calorie deficit per day, you may start losing muscle with the fat. A 500 calorie deficit a day equates to a pound a week, which is the safe way to lose. So to sum up, if you are okay with losing muscle with the fat, then you can cut as many calories as you would like. It's concerning for me because I don't want to look like Christian Bale In The Machinist LOL!
  • boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    mary, i know how u feel. most day's i'm right at 1000 calories a day. today however not so. i had the flu yesterday and am still recovering. i forced myself to eat today..and i've only had about 500 calories today. i even exercised thinking that would make me hungry. i just kept drinking water. and when i did eat, i felt sick again. so i don't want ot risk it. i'm not hungry right now knowing i had so little calories today. but i'm not hungry. if your not hungry, then don't eat. you'll be fine. now if your stomach starts growling..get something light.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Wow, it's amazing you still feel energized after only that many calories! I would try to start planning a lot better - you don't want to put your body in starvation mode from eating too little (causing you to actually hold ONTO fat - since your body thinks you are in a crisis) - you need to try to eat at least 1200 calories a day for your body to burn fat. I'm not sure if this 800 calories is what you usually eat on a normal basis (I can't see your food diary) and I also don't know what exactly you are eating, but I would agree with Lisa, eat a healthy breakfast tomorrow - pick and choose from eggs, oatmeal, a piece of fruit, yogurt, piece of toast with jam - I would aim for around 250 calories (or more) if you can manage (just my opinion). Then try to eat some snacks throughout the day (every 2-3 hours) - something like hummus and chips, granola bar, veggies, fruit, crackers, anything around 100-200 calories is safe. If you aren't hungry first thing in the morning, just reverse those two, start out with a snack, and 2-3 hours later (or when you get hungry, eat a big "breakfast." Make sure you are getting some protein in your diet as well.
    You could change your food diary to "public" so that others responding would have a better idea of what your current diet looks like and how to help you on the right path! :):)
    Hope this helps a little!
    -Molly
  • maryrx59
    Thanks for the advise Lisa and Bird! I think I'll go to bed and plan to never get so low on the calories!:flowerforyou:
    Mary
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Sounds like it's waffles, eggs, and bacon in the morning! Mix in some dannon or chobani greek yogurt with the waffle mix for a protein punch, or even some protein powder. It's delish.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    I think you are okay. Before when i lost 65 pounds in a 6 month expand i use to eat a total of 800 calories per day or less and on top i use to work out. Specially if you are not doing it every day.

Today I only had 881 calories and i have 539 remainig for the day but i'm not gonna go crazy adding more colories just to meet the total calories for the dar guideline if im not hungry. If you are feeling hungry than go and grab something to eat, like a cheese string, glass of skim milk, something with calcium is good around this time and calcium.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    I also do recommend eating something every 3-4 hours so your metabolism doesnt shutdown. I use to have aleast 3 healthy snack between meals to keep my metalbolism going and shutting down hunger.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Don't worrry about it. Your metabolism does not change over night. It takes sustained eating (at least two weeks) at a large deficit to make your metabolism slow. It won't hurt you by having a low calorie day every once in a while. The first rule of dieting is - Don't eat if you are not hungry.
  • maryrx59
    That sounds real yummy to me!!
This discussion has been closed.