BodyBugg

Options
has anybody on here used the BodyBugg or know anybody who has one? what's your experience been with it?...a trainer at the gym suggested buying one of these, but i'd like to hear from anybody who has used it before making such a big purchase.
:smile:

Replies

• FletcherChic
    Options
    has anybody on here used the BodyBugg or know anybody who has one? what's your experience been with it?...a trainer at the gym suggested buying one of these, but i'd like to hear from anybody who has used it before making such a big purchase.
    :smile:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I used the Bodybugg for a year. It was great, I lost most of my 60 pounds while wearing the Bodybugg. It measures accurately how many calories you burn each day. You will be able to track which workouts burn the most calories and which ones are most effective. It measures the calories burned based on your body temp and heart rate, so it is accurate for you alone. You can adjust your workouts to burn more or less calories. Once you start tracking you will know how much more intensity you will need to step up to work off the treats that you had at lunch. It's great!!

I think it's worth the $$ spent, but you have to use it everyday, even days that you don't exercise, otherwise it won't be effective.
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you are evaluating such piece of equipment then I would suggest to check out Garmin hand worn, GPS enabled watches. They are easy to wear and may be much more helpful. Garmin calorie monitor watches comes in different models each with different $ and features. If I ever get serious about having caloire monitor I will evaluate Garmin and my initial research is in favor of Garmin. However, for now I am ok without these smart toys.
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    thanks for your input!...

neverbeenskinny - i have read a lot of positive things about the "bugg" and am so happy to hear that you've used it yourself!........i wear a HRM but only when i workout and my trainer suggested the bugg as a way of keeping a more accurate tally of calories used and calories consumed...

commonsensefitness - i checked out garmin and was shocked to read all of the negative reviews (i thought garmin was supposed to be a great brand!...apparently they are but only for GPS purposes)...so from what i read the garmin doesn't give reliable calorie counts and can give false highs (tempting to score a few extra workout cals but in the end that would probably mean gains for me! ughhh).....

thanks for your input guys! i appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions!
    :flowerforyou: shelley