Date at the gym...never again

Options
MyiahRose
MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
I have know this guy for a little while and we have went out a few times like to the movies and out to eat.
This time he asked if we can go the the gym together and since i workout 6 days a week i said why not.
First thing first he was an hour late getting there ._. which was really irritating.
When he did get there he was the biggest newbie i have ever seen.
He told me he lifts all the time and goes to the gym nearly everyday and has been doing so for years.
I thought he was going to teach me something about weights and help me with barbells and stuff.

Well before the weights he literally got on every cardio machine he saw and did like 2 minutes and moved to the next one.
I asked what he was doing he said "This is how you get strong legs"..I look down at his legs and they are the smallest little sticks i have ever seen. So i just go with the flow getting on every cardio machine in that big gym.

After that we finally went to go lift..turns out i can lift double than what he can. He cannot use 20 pound dumbbells because its too heavy he has to use 10. He cannot squat with weights because they are too heavy and he had no idea how to bench press.
On top of that he doesnt talk a lot. He said 2 sentences to me the whole 2 hours. I would rather sit and watch paint dry then to try and have conversation with him.

Later that day he said he had a great time and would love to do it again. This guy just cannot be serious. I didnt break not one sweat the whole 2 hours with him. I didnt even burn 1 calorie besides just being alive.
Worst experience ever. What a waste.

Replies

• Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I didnt even burn 1 calorie besides just being alive.

This sentence made me giggle for some reason :laugh:

I probably would have left the second I saw his skinny legs... lol
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    LOL! One of my best recent dates was a gym date. But he was a personal trainer, with an amazing physique, and knew exactly what he was doing. But yeah, I can see why your date wouldn't have been so fun!
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I had one gym date, would consider it again, definitely added some sensual underlying tones to the training session
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    He probably didn't talk much because you out lifted him. Maybe he wants to do it again because he learned something from you and wants to learn more. Or maybe he was being nice and is running far, far away, changing from bike to stairs to flat land every two minutes.

Sorry it was so bad. I don't work out with my bf because I get too cranky with him. :drinker:
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym with the woman I am seeing, but we just split up and did our own workout with a few winks in between sets and such, maybe a sentence spoken to eachother here and there. Then afterwards went out to eat. If he wants to go to the gym to socialize with you, that is your first red flag that he doesn't even lift.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well to be fair- I wouldn't go on a "gym" date and expect to be talking- I mean- it's not social hour.

I am not sure why you let him lead you around by the nose at the gym- if I was going to the gym with someone I would have a plan- either we are a doing a set work out- or we are going to do our own workouts.

I find working out with people more of a chore than not- but there is one person I like working out with- and we always have a good game plan and work well together getting stuff we both need done. But I would never let someone push me through a crappy workout.

Sorry for your luck- sounds like it's time to move on or clear your gym space for yourself.
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    well to be fair- I wouldn't go on a "gym" date and expect to be talking- I mean- it's not social hour.

I am not sure why you let him lead you around by the nose at the gym- if I was going to the gym with someone I would have a plan- either we are a doing a set work out- or we are going to do our own workouts.

I find working out with people more of a chore than not- but there is one person I like working out with- and we always have a good game plan and work well together getting stuff we both need done. But I would never let someone push me through a crappy workout.

Sorry for your luck- sounds like it's time to move on or clear your gym space for yourself.

I mean of course i didnt expect to have a full on conversation with him but a few words would have been nice since we were with each other the whole 2 hours. Even when we had to walk a 3 minute distance to our cars he said nothing. But i will be working out with myself only from now on lol.
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    A gym date with the right person could be a sensual experience.....small twiggy legs are definitely NOT sensual

2qnoz0g.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have a gym date 2 times a week and it is awesome. He's a great spotter and pushes me to bust my butt. He's also a beast, so there's that.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Did he look you in the eye and wink as he work the hip abductor machine? SO HAWT!
  • missjmariam
    missjmariam Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    lolll to the original post.

At my gym one of the personal trainers is so hot. He called me "lovely" one day and i died inside. lol.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I like to break at least two sweats at the gym, but then I work out with a hottie
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I love gym dates with my boyfriend. We spot each other, don't talk much, and go out to eat afterwards. Definitely sensual with the right person. :bigsmile:
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I'm so sorry lol made me have a good laugh at work though! :laugh:
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That sucks..I cant bear the thought of my date cannot out-do the training that I did so far..:noway: :noway: :grumble: :grumble:

I had a few swim date instead of gym..It was great to see him swimming faster than I did. Somehow he purposely flexed his broad shoulder,just to make me lose focus in swimming competition.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't have been a waste if you had made that the first date. Then you would've known right away he wasn't playing with a full a deck, and you could've avoided the other dates. Think about the multitude of things you could learn about a person by training with them and then eating or grocery shopping with them.
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    HA! This whole conversation is great. Small legs= no bueno. :ohwell:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do a gym date. I am like Mr.T in Rocky III. I train alone, I prefer to be by myself
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I really wish I'd have been a fly on the wall for this *LOL*