In the bathroom @ work I ...

Options
Workout.
I do.
I force myself to drink lots of water so I have to constantly go pee or else I am stuck at my desk for hours @ a time.
Annnddd every time I pee I do a set of 20 body weight squats or lunges or knees to elbows.

Yes, people are wondering why I go so much and when they ask I tell them :)

Am I the only one?

Replies

• McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! In the bathroom at least once an hour with all the water. I do some body weight squats or wall push ups or something like that. I know it doesn't really burn a lot of calories, but it adds up and it gets me moving and re-energized from sitting at my desk.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I know and I hate being stuck at my desk... My boss finally asked me if I had a problem and I told her what I was doing and now she does the same thing :)
  • Pensworth
    Pensworth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I definitely take every advantage I get to get up from my desk and go to the restroom or refill my water bottle, to break up the sitting time. In the bathroom I am tempted to try do to pull-ups on the stall dividers but I'm afraid I'd bring the whole thing down, assuming I even had the upper body strength.
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, ME TOO!!! I also try to do the stairs which are three flights any time I fax something (which is often). I try to get exercise in as much as possible. So glad I am not the only one.
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    Lol, me too. I drink so much water at work that I am going at least 5 times per 8-9 hour day and everytime I go I do 6 flights of stairs. And lately I have added in sets of 15 modified push-ups that I can do against the stair rail each time I go up a floor!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea, I'm going to give it a try tomorrow, I'm always in the loo.

Thank you for the tip.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    I keep my bathroom exercise to just my wrist and forearms.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It's good stuff! I try to get to work early so I can do 3 laps around the halls which is half a mile and then I do 3 more laps before leaving...

Always make sure you lock the door if you can because when people walk in and see this they freak out with sheer awkwardness.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I usually take my phone and creep on Facebook. I use it as "me" time once an hour since I soak up water like a sponge.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I do this all the time. Squats, pushups (not on the dirty floor but on the counter) calf raises, leg lifts and lunges! I still go home and get a proper heavy weighted workout in but every little bit helps!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. And walk to the furthest bathroom. Or I have a service dog so I'll walk him around the building twice a day or take "smoke" breaks. Hey I figure if the smokers get 10 minute paid breaks every hour so should I to exercise and get healthy. I alternate between wall push-ups and body weight squats and drink a lot of water at work too.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Sounds messy. If it's a stall activity, I will play some Subway Surfer, if it's a urinal acitivity I just look at myself in the shiny metal parts of it, and it makes it like a fun house for your special spot.
  • jelkins2000
    jelkins2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    , and it makes it like a fun house for your special spot.

Ha that's hilarious!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    haha - I do squats in the bathroom and the elevator when alone - I get up to about 100 a day
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    ......go #1 or # 2
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    p
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yay! I thought it was just me!!!! Luckily I work in a small, friendly office, because I've decided what type of exercise I'll be doing in their area!!! the programmers' cubical? Dips, of course! And pushups against the admin assistant's desk... the boss's office is sit ups :)
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I keep my bathroom exercise to just my wrist and forearms.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    We all have our weak points :p

I do this all the time, we also have "single hole" bathrooms and I will do push-up against the sink
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i do this too.... i either do squats, jumping jacks, squat boxing... every little bit helps.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Workout.
    I do.
    I force myself to drink lots of water so I have to constantly go pee or else I am stuck at my desk for hours @ a time.
    Annnddd every time I pee I do a set of 20 body weight squats or lunges or knees to elbows.

Yes, people are wondering why I go so much and when they ask I tell them :)

Am I the only one?

I fo realz need to do this. I like to flex and check myself out sometimes when I take a bathroom break...it'd be even better checking myself out after working out!