Constantly cold hands

Options
Hi everyone,
So, since I started losing weight (I've lost about 10lbs) I've found that my hands are just always cold. Quite often my feet and nose get really cold as well. Obviously it's been winter so I would have been colder because of that but even when the rest of me doesn't seem that cold my hands are freezing.

I don't know if it's got anything to do with having lost weight, it could just be a coincidence, but I always used to be one of those people who had toasty warm hands; my mum always used to comment that my hands were really warm all the time and she's actually noticed that my hands have been colder and reminded me how they always used to be really warm.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? Am I maybe not getting the right nutrients in or something?
Thank you!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. This is not something internet strangers can diagnose.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue and have always wondered the same. Do you feel you are cold more so when you are feelling really hungry or haven't eaten in awhile? I always wonder if its due to blood sugars. Working out definitely helps my circulation or drinking something warm.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    My hands have also been colder than usual since losing weight. It is because there is less insulation around the core. Therefore the body keeps more blood there instead of sending as juch to the extremities.
  • hannahlouisefranklin
    Options
    I have the same issue and have always wondered the same. Do you feel you are cold more so when you are feelling really hungry or haven't eaten in awhile? I always wonder if its due to blood sugars. Working out definitely helps my circulation or drinking something warm.

I'm not sure if they're colder when I'm hungry but I'll start paying more attention to that to see if it's linked. Yeah, I normally find after working out that my hands feel warmer! It's just getting on my nerves always having cold hands, I wear rings that are technically the right size but they're always swinging round my fingers because they're so cold.