Easy lunch ideas to take to work that don't have bread?

Options
13»

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Use Rice Cakes instead of bread.
    Rice, Beans, + any veggies + any meat + sauce
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Homemade chilli
    Homemade stew
    Chicken and veg
    turkey Chilli
    Tuna salad with boiled egg and stuff
    Lean Pockets
    Eggs boiled
    Salad with meat
    chicken
    Fruit
    Yogurt
  • chemteacher1987
    chemteacher1987 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You could make a big old batch of chili and bring it to work along with a side salad.

Soup is always a good option, especially since it can be any type of soup.

If you are trying to make a better sandwich, you could do a wrap or something like that.

Lettuce wraps are tasty.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just got done eating lunch. I get tired of the same salad or yogurt that I make too. Here's what I just had:

1/2 of a Joseph's flax oat bran & whole what pita
    spinach leaves,
    dijon mustard
    Finlandia lacey swiss cheese 1 oz
    2.7 oz buffalo chicken, deli

15 green grapes, 100 grams

the lunch was a total of 259 calories

more than enuf for lunch, at least for me. it'll tide me over very well til supper-time.

You could certainly substitute romaine for spinach; other cheese for the swiss; or turkey or beef for the chicken. It's definitely a nice change.

Good luck and enjoy!
    EDIT: oh and the 2.7 oz of chicken was a LOT of meat in there. It could easily have been a tad less and been just as good.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I bring left overs from dinner the night before.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary. 700 calories is never a good ideal. Eat. The. Bread.

I didn't think the OP said exactly why she is avoiding bread. It may have nothing to do with calories.
  • judithmurray
    judithmurray Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try these for lunch. I love them and they are filling!
    Wrap a string cheese in Oscar Mayer deli oven roasted turkey breast { I use about 3 slices}
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    left overs (chili- stir fry- meat sauce/pasta- steak- baked chicken)

left overs.
  • mamaspa4
    mamaspa4 Posts: 32
    Options
    wrap a sandwich in letuce leaves or use a cucmber for bread. Salads....shakes...I really like the muscle milk light
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with bread?? You diary is looking pretty lite in calories. Crash/restrictive diets don't work for the long term. Eat. the. bread.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey, scrambled eggs, and fresh salsa. That's my new go to.

I used to have tuna with real mayo, but I went overboard and gave myself low levels of mercury poisoning. A family pack of tuna, 5 times a week for 6 months will mess you up one day...
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I keep my lunches pretty small too, because I like having big dinners. It's been part of what has kept me on track for the last couple years.

My lunches mostly consist of: salads, veggies with hummus, wraps with veggies and/or salsa and refried beans, soup, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs. I'll usually add a piece of fruit as well.

:)
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lettuce wraps. you can put anything in them. Sometimes I make taco beef (lb of ground beef, 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning I from allrecipes.com, 3 oz chopped onion, garlic clove.) or taco chicken (same as before but with lb of chicken), Avacado, Hummus, and cucumber. the possibilities are endless.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    need to read this for more ideas for my self later at home :)
  • debbecake
    debbecake Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've started mixing together a tuna pouch, boiled egg and avocado. No dressings or anything. Very yummy. I've thought about putting that in a lettuce wrap. I've also done cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes and avocado. The microwave just for one broccoli,cheese and rice with a pouch of tuna in it is also really good. All pretty low calorie but filling.
  • Cazzerrr_xo
    Cazzerrr_xo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The 700 calorie day was because my parents dog went missing and we spent 8 hours walking around the whole of my home town to find her! so by the time I got home in the evening I had just about enough energy to make some spaghetti and fall into bed!!

I just find bread such a waste of calories as I don't want to have huge calorie lunches, I would rather save them to have for evening meals with my partner.

I'm a big fan of the chilli idea, definitely going to try that one! and also carrots, cucumber etc with cottage cheese :)
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    HealthyishWithMaggieG Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    In for the ideas.