muscle weighs more than fat.........

Options
Julettashane
Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
what they actually mean......i keep reading comments like "1lb of fat is the same as 1lb of muscle" well yes the weight is the same but the size/the space it takes up is not the same. 5lbs of fat is much larger then 5lbs of muscle. So even if the weigh the same they are still different sizes.

16lmg79.jpg

Replies

• ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    Options
    5 pounds of muscle weighs as much as 5 pounds of fat weighs as much as 5 pounds of feathers..........5 pounds is 5 pounds...........that picture is exactly why we should all strive to lose fat and gain muscle!!!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    5 pounds of muscle weighs as much as 5 pounds of fat weighs as much as 5 pounds of feathers..........5 pounds is 5 pounds...........that picture is exactly why we should all strive to lose fat and gain muscle!!!

Exactly. Everyone wants to be feathers.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    what they actually mean......i keep reading comments like "1lb of fat is the same as 1lb of muscle" well yes the weight is the same but the size/the space it takes up is not the same. 5lbs of fat is much larger then 5lbs of muscle. So even if the weigh the same they are still different sizes.

16lmg79.jpg

That picture is extremely misleading. Human muscle is only about 18% more dense that fat, nothing close to what that picture shows...
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Nah, I don't wanna be feathers of any amount. That said, I want to be lean and fit. I grew tired of being fluffy, and then I decided to do something about it. I don't have a mondo story like some of the folks on this site. They are doing great things for their bodies. I am doing what I can for mine. I am making progress and that is what matters to me. Several of my peers and friends have noticed the difference. That is kind of nice too. Fluff is nice in pillows and beds, and maybe some winter jackets, not around my middle. :-)
  • CamilleJackie350
    Options
    ITT people are unaware of density, mass, volume