Entering Calories for the Day

Options
Just a question to see if anybody else does this (or if it's a good/bad idea)

I create my evening meal menu for a two week period and go shopping weekly. In the morning I enter my total calories for the day based on what I had for breakfast and what I packed for lunch/snack and what's on my menu. Then I just make adjustments to my diary throughout the day. I've found it helps me make sure my calories are on point and that I don't starve myself by eating all of them by 3:00.

Thoughts? Anyone else do this?

Replies

• des618
    des618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I log this way too! I find if I just enter food as I go I end up with too few calories to eat dinner of have a snack. If I enter everything in the morning I do MUCH better staying within my limit. I thought I was the only who did this :-)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I prelog as well..keeps me in check, makes deciding what is for dinner easy and reminds me to take something out of the freezer..

It helps with reaching my macros as well as I can readjust as I need to ensure they are met.

Reduce toast here, add in some bacon.
  • jules159
    jules159 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I log my whole day first thing in the morning too. For the most part. Sometimes not on the weekend when I'm not exactly sure what I'm having.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I prelog during the week and log as I go on the weekends.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I prelog during the week and log as I go on the weekends.

I do the same. I do tend to pre-log the breakfasts I plan to cook Saturday and Sunday, but that's about it.

I'm a compulsive pre-logger. I even pre-plan and pre-log workouts. Check out my diary for next week. :)
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I prelog every morning, but not all of my foods. I will log my breakfast, morning snack, lunch and dinner, so not all my calories are accounted for but all the important ones are. I like going home in the evening knowing even after my dinner, I still have a decent amount of calories left, and since I have the MFP phone app, I can fit things in like treats that people bring to work etc.