When should i stop Eating

stephaniemarie8
stephaniemarie8 Posts: 23
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a busy life! non stop something i wanted to know i usually go to bed about 1230 to 1am because of swing shift work. what time of night should i stop eating? to help me lose weight better!

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Personally I try not to eat anything 3-4 hours prior to bedtime yet continue to drink water.
  • Okay Thank you.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    I also work late evenings until 1 am. My office used to be right across the hall from the kitchen (I work at home), and evening snacking was a big problem for me. We've since moved, and now I'm as far away from the kitchen while working as possible! Since I know I'll feel deprived without anything to eat after dinner (at 6ish), I allow myself to have two small snacks before 10 pm. I've lost 24 pounds in 12 weeks, so it hasn't slowed down my weight loss at all.

Hope that helped, and good luck to you!
  • larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    It really doesn't matter when you stop eating. The whole point is to consume the right number of calories. The whole "don't eat within 3 hours of going to bed" thing is a myth. It's all about calories.
    That said, if it helps you to have a cutoff so you don't have unplanned/unbudgeted snacks before bed, go for it.

and THAT said, I find I fall asleep better in general if I haven't eaten recently. I think this is a blood-sugar thing. If I eat shortly before bed, especially sugary foods, my body temperature doesn't settle down as well as it should when I go to bed. (Remember those teenage years when you'd stay up all night eating junk food? That prevented your body from slowing down the metabolism, which prevents you from feeling as sleepy.)

Hope that helps :-)
This discussion has been closed.