Diary Review Please

Options
OK I hesitate to do this but I am looking for some advise on my diet. It has been suggested that I am not eating enough food vs the amount of fitness I 'm doing. I use one of two ways to "calculate" calories burned for exercise, if I'm outside I use Runkeeper and it calculates it based on real time activity and my weight, age ect. If I'm inside on a treadmill I use the numbers that the machine comes up with again based on my time, weight and level of activity. I believe these numbers are probably somewhat inflated but since I want to be consistent I just put those numbers in. I rarely eat my exercise calories anyway so I just figure a plus is a plus. A few things to consider before you "blast away":
Be kind
I am single and I mentor a herd (17+) of high school girls and do several one on one meals with them during the week so I eat out a lot.
I like to eat and I'm not aiming to eliminate particular foods from my diet IE: Only protein, Only Vegan, Only whatever. I also have several food allergies that I have to work around : Shellfish, mushrooms, Dairy among other things.
My goal is long term weight loss and sustainability, which for me includes food :-) Did I mention I like food. Carbs are a particular fondness of mine as well as salt. I'm not going to apologize for it, I believe in being real and honest.

So fire away...things I should consider, change, add?

Replies

• PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Unless I am imagining things, your ticker says you have lost 100 pounds. It appears you know what is working for you. :-)

Is being told you aren't consuming enough calories the only problem you find with your diet? What are your goals?
  • greytniki
    greytniki Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have lost 100 pounds and for the most part it does work for me. I guess my goal is I'm 12 pounds away from my "big goal". I will probably set a new goal when I get there as I still have some weight to lose but way back when, when I dared to dream the impossible that was the "big number" I came up with. The last several months have been very slow going. I try to take into consideration that I had major back surgery in December and was laid up recovering until fully cleared on March 10th by my surgeon to go full speed ahead again in exercise. I'm not looking for a quick fix to lose the last 12 pounds, but I am I guess considering that changes might make my losses more consistent. Does that make sense?
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You could probably be eating a few hundred more calories a day. Why don't you eat back 1/2 of your exercise calories? Your body does need fuel.

You seem to be decent on protein, wouldn't hurt to up your goal.

But congratulations on your success thus far!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You could probably be eating a few hundred more calories a day. Why don't you eat back 1/2 of your exercise calories? Your body does need fuel.

You seem to be decent on protein, wouldn't hurt to up your goal.

But congratulations on your success thus far!

This along with...

The closer you get to goal the more precise you have to be...it appear you weigh some of your food but not all of it based on your entries.

Try to weigh as much as you can and if you are eating out and the resturant has a website with nutrition use that data too...