I am "small" to new people :) (Share your stories too!)

Options
124»

Replies

• nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I feel embrassed when peoole compliment me. Like others it's hard to see myself as small. It was an emtional experience for me trying on regular sizes for the first time. This winter I was wearing a size 16 now I'm a size 14 and even that is getting loose. Still can't believe I'm this small.
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to a concert last night at our former church. We hadn't been there in maybe 10 years. Of course we ran into a number of people that we knew when we went there. They were all super friendly to my husband but they just kinda looked at me strangely. My husband had to re-introduce me - they thought he had gotten remarried - they didn't recognize me :laugh: It was fun!
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I shed something like 50+lbs, and was invited to be a bridesmaid at a friends wedding.
    I felt normal, and had to re-check the photos a few times because I didn't look gigantic and out of place.
    I am around 5'9" so I normally feel 'huge' as many people I know are shorter than me. When I am overweight at this height, I feel positively Godzilla-like!
    I didn't mind being on show that day, not at all. :-)
  • LoveForRunning
    LoveForRunning Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Went to a Starbucks recently & ordered a non-fat, no whip mocha. The barista preparing my drink happily asks: "Mornin Ma'am, why the non fat? You dieting?"

I reply, "Yes."

He then half-screams, "Why? You're too slim to even diet!" (Causing 2 other baristas & another customer to join him in agreement!)

WHAT?! ME? TOO SLIM? Are you people for real???

I was so embarrassed & left that place pretty dumbfounded! Lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!