newbie needs friends

Options
2»

Replies

• BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the add. And the beer! A friend of mine (Austrian by birth and new American citizen!) is the brew master at Red Oak brewery. Unfortunately, it is only 4 miles away.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    haha that's all right. You don't have to like beer to be my friend.

Can we be friends? I have a deal for you - you ship me your ommegang beer and I'll drink the calories for you. Nuff said.
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am such a fan of craft beers! :) I'm in the Midwest..so Breckenridge and Free State are a few of my fave breweries. I've managed to work one or two into my week, and I have an open diary. Feel free to add me!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hey anyone feel free to add me if theyd like.

Im always happy to support or chat. Im on daily
  • myrnamclain
    Options
    Hello Ashley, my name is Myrna and I am also on this journey. I would suggest you buy the book The Shift. It is amazing! It really helped me and I refer to one thought that I learned there, everyday. That is :"The time will pass anyway". So, I might as well be doing something successful with that time. Because, in a year, if I just lose 1 - 2 pounds each week, I will be at my goal! The time will pass anyway....
    I am sure it is hard to be in a new area and to not know anyone would make a person feel so lonely. I get it! I am sure you will meet your 'new group' of friends in time. Can you get out and walk on trails or parks and be safe? Going to public places will help you meet new people and you may find a new best friend.
    Hang in there girl! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • arenad
    arenad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Not crazy about beer, but sent you a fr.
  • jennapayne2
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jenna, I was in your position a couple of months ago. My husband and I moved from our home state of MN to MI. I was unemployed, no friends, no family. I also have a weakness for craft beers...Grand Rapids, MI is known as Beer City USA. Can't throw a rock without hitting a brewery. I can give up a lot, but never beer...never. I'll send you a friend request, I think we could be good motivators!
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    you sound like a slightly older and married me! I'll be twenty soon, Irish boyfriend that eats everything, and better beer is better. lol I just went through some stuff too, and im climbing out of it. it all takes time. I'll send you a friend request :]
  • seabass108
    seabass108 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new as well! We have a lot in Common. I LOVE beer and my husband is my partner in crime. I have Celiac so I have to stick to gluten free beer now. Talk about sticker shock calorie wise.
  • suetrnka
    suetrnka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm back after months of not using this site - it has really worked for me in the past because it helped me really see the "math" behind what I eat and how active I am. When I got the math going in the right direction, my habits changed and I lost 40 pounds. Then like you - life happened - I moved, started taking college courses at night, kids got busier so meals got more chaotic - and I gained 30 pounds back over a year and a half! Now I'm back, raring to go. I hope we can be friends!
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Add me if u like
  • diepi
    diepi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just stick with it!!!
  • gdog2022
    gdog2022 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like a great place for you to open a gym. I'm sure there are other people in that situation. I was a lot like your husband. My wife was trying to be good with her choices, my son is picky, and I'll eat just about anything. I was stuck between our finances and my wife trying to eat healthier. My wife said to me one day that I needed to eat better because she didn't want to be a widow raising our son alone. I'm sure you feel the same way. I think that in the end, your health is up to you. I think he'll come around. He can't be all bad, HE"S IRISH!
  • addystorres
    Options
    :drinker:

Dear Ashley, my name is Addys and like you I'm in a similar situation I live with my fiancee he loves beer and drinks, as a partner you pick up the habit as well anyway as we traveled around globe and lived in berlin for year I quickly start it to gained weight there and of course german food + plenty options of beers did not helped at all ..I'm 5'0 foot tall and i went from 100 pounds to 141 in a year (my max weight ) only the difference is that i don't have kids it was pure comfort and laziness. I'm at 123 pounds 23 more to go ;)

Cheers

I will add you so we can encourage each other :D !