ANEXITY AND EXERCISE

HELLO I AM NEW IN HERE AND I SUFFER FROM ANEXITY REALLY BAD I MAKE MY SELF EXERCISE DAILY BUT FOR SOME STRANGE REASON MY ANEXITY KICKS IN THEN I STOP AND GET ALL DEPRESSED AND WANNA EAT AND I KNOW OH SO WELL FOOD IS NOT THE ANSWER NEITHER IS SLEEP SO THEN I PLUG MYSELF IN TO FACEBOOK AND SIT FOR A SPELL GOING TO A GYM IS OUT OF THE QUESTION I CANNOT STAND BEING AROUND PEOPLE ,PEOPLE SCARE ME NOT SURE WHY ANY ADVICE AND NO DR CAN HELP ME

Replies

• lilaak007
    lilaak007 Posts: 37 Member
    Do u take any medicine? If not then you should, it might help you.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    I'm really sorry about your anxiety. I think you may want to try finding a new doctor who could prescribe Zoloft or a similar anti-anxiety medication for you. Maybe instead of going to the gym you could take a walk every day? And do some body weight exercises in the comfort of your own home? For solid recommendations and advice on bodyweight exercises, you can use a book like You Are Your Own Gym. It even has an app you could download on your smartphone.

Good luck, and I hope you find a solution for you social anxiety!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Go walking, even if it's at night. I have social phobia (as well as a few other things) and I started by walking at night around my local park so nobody could see me exercise. As for gym... you don't need one at all. You have your own body as a gym. Buy some kettle-bells, some resistance bands and a chin-up bar that can go onto your door and come off again easy.

Walk at home videos are great, get them off a torrent site or YouTube. There are so many things you can do at home & you dont need to go anywhere. Trust me I've done it. I even do sprints in the back yard.

When your head tells you to give up & sit down...ignore it. It's the voice of quitting.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Ummmmm....huh?

First, please don't type in all caps; makes it very hard to read.

Second, do you mean anxiety?? If you do, you sound like you need medication and to be under a doctor's supervision. And I know you said no doctor can help you, but I would encourage you to try again as anxiety issues that severe need professional help.

Good luck.
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Is the anexity from people seeing you? Or does the exercise itself bother you? The youtube walk at home videos are great or you could try the videos on fitness blender.
    And start small. A lot can be acheived through diet alone (by which I mean watching your calorie consumption to stay at a deficit, not a specific diet.
  • liljen69
    liljen69 Posts: 45
    Running helps me. However, I won't run in my own neighborhood because I don't want anyone to see me. I run on trails and there's something about being outside in nature, with the sun shining on me, that really helps.
  • Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    If you don't see a doctor, definitely go. I had bad anxiety and decided to start going to the gym last year. Stoppingvexercising all togetherbecause once my heart rate got up thete I thought I was going in to a panic attack which scared me more and I freaked out more. Xanax was my friend at the time. Hated having to rely on it but it helped get me through the worst of it. I also was on Buspar (works for some but not at all for others). It got me out of a deep hole I was in at the time. I thought the anxiety would never leave (had it all throughout the day). Slowly got better. Then back in October I was also put on Zoloft. Noticed more of an improvement. Finally started working out again this month and haven't taken any medicine in 2 weeks! It takes time to get through it but you should really go see a doctor.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    It could be the all caps. It un-nerved me before I could finish reading your post.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Please talk to your doctor about it, not a bunch of internet strangers.
  • DringusDrungus
    DringusDrungus Posts: 12 Member
    I have to fight panic attacks during exercise as well, which is a shame because I love it. Buspar from my doc had really helped me, though I'm not on it currently. I practice breath control to minimize my body's fight or flight response, distract my mind, check my heart rate, and if I have to I stop exercising, get my head straight, and then get back on my elliptical.