Female, lifting, friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I competed in Olympic Powerliftng in the late 90's then switched over to bodybuilding but have taken the last year off from lifting and am now getting back into it. I love it, I should have never stopped but muscle has memory and I'm counting on that! LOL
  • annastasia_82
    annastasia_82 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm trying to loose weight but really enjoy lifting weights. My bf is always after me to use lighter weights and more reps, but I really love the heavy stuff. I try to have a balance. I love being strong. To hell with being wimpy. lol.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I haven't started lifting yet but I am fairly soon! I have NROLFW so will start there. Otherwise, lifting is completely new and daunting to me. Feel free to add me anyone.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    thANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS! I THINK IVE ADDED YOU ALL, BUT FEEL FREE TO REQUEST ME IF YOU DIDNT GET ONE!
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I am 21 and strength train nearly everyday, log it and log all my meals too. Feel free to add me and anyone else who wants too!
  • Chosenbrah
    Options
    Hi I just joined the forum yesterday :)
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    Howdy! I just got back into strength training last week - doing stronglifts 5x5. My goal is to be the stronger than I've ever been before. It'd be great to have a lifting buddy!
  • MarisaShickel
    MarisaShickel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So excited to find this thread! :)

I just started lifting two and a half weeks ago and I'm looking for some motivation from others who lift too. I finally realized that I was never going to look like I want with diet and cardio and that strength training was the key.

I enjoy the friends I have on MFP but sometimes their food diary makes me cringe (no breakfast, fast food, donuts for lunch, ugh). I certainly am not perfect, but I'm looking for friends who are more like me. I am a hypocrite, my diary is private but I like looking at other people's diaries!

I'm going to add all of you and feel free to add me if you see this after I post.
  • jadebuilding
    jadebuilding Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me if they'd like! I'm 23, vegetarian, been lifting for 4/5 months now, currently working on NROL4W. :)
  • Punkatheartsin
    Options
    Hey everyone! 28, have a 9 month old. Was overweight before I got pregnant and actually lost weight during my pregnancy but baby came out healthy. Unfortunately I slowly started to gain the weight back again. A friend told me to start doing heavy weights and short reps. My faves:

Deadlifts: Currently at 65 lbs
    Clean and press: Currently at 65 lbs
    Squats: own body weight, but I want to start adding weight.

I was told if I built muscle first, then I could "shred" and do nothing but cardio and would get the results I wanted...lets see how it goes! Good luck all!
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Lost about 55 Lbs. last year and have been focusing lately on lifting & maintaining for a while (more to lose, but that'll come later!)

I started StrongLifts 5x5 on March 10, while continuing the rest of my other training: a pretty decent amount of running (generally 1-3 miles per day), a once-weekly session with my awesome trainer, & a once-weekly group bootcamp at my gym. My favorite days are lifting days, for sure (though there is something awesome about running farther or faster than you've ever run before).

A good chunk of my MFP pals are focused more on cardio and weightloss, so it'd be awesome to meet some more ladies focused on lifting goals :)
  • noodle412
    noodle412 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Relatively new to lifting, but looking to make some improvements and progress. Also looking for a little extra motivation! All: Feel free to add me as your friend