"Exercised" my Demons Today

Options
I spent all day today in sleeveless shirts, in public. My upper arms have not seen the light of day, in public, for maybe twenty years. I've just always hated my flabby upper arms. But yesterday was the hottest day on record in Los Angeles and there I was in my 3/4 sleeves sweating my brains out. And my boyfriend said "I just don't think you have the capacity to see what you've accomplished yet". And it got me thinking maybe my arms aren't that bad anymore, but I just can't see it.

So today I bit the bullet and went sleeveless. It was hard and scary, but I did it. And a very thin girl at work said "what were you complaining about your arms are buff". That helped a lot.

It will be a while before this demon is actually "exorcised" but today he got one heck of a workout.

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I also dislike my upper arms, but like you, had to face the 113 degree heat in Van Nuys, so I went sleeveless.

And you know what? I was OK. I only felt self-conscious until I got out from in front of the mirror, and then I didn't think about it again once I was at work.

Cheers!
  • Sailor26
    Sailor26 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's great! Sometimes since we see ourselves everyday its kinda hard to see the change. I am glad to read you took the leap and got a big reward. That is some kind of encouragement!
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love this post!! That's awesome! Good for you!:flowerforyou: Sorry about the heat :noway: *blech* today was an odd day here, 89 for Sept 28...but hey my garden loves it!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    my boss told me this is "earthquake weather", all muggy and thunderstorm-like

I don't see how that computes...but if a quake hits she SO called it LOL
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think we always see our "flaws" much more glaringly than anyone else in the world does!!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. LuckyLeprechaur glad you also had a good experience. At least this miserable weather is good for something, besides happy gardens.

I think I get the concept of "fake it tell you make it" better than I ever have. I just can "see" the changes, but if I just start accepting and acting as if I "see" them my own brain and eyes will catch up eventually.

Thanks again everyone, I could not have gotten here without MFP and all of you guys.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!