Non-Soup Dinner Ideas for Strep / Tonsillitis

Options
I have tonsillitis & am really freaking sick of soup. I need ideas for something soft, warm & mild that actually feels like a meal...

Replies

• zoquo
    zoquo Posts: 75
    Options
    1- Mash veggie, ie potato with avocado (one of my favourites) or with garlic and cheese or sweet potato, mash in your choice of veg with parsnip also nice and even try ,mash potato with a little horse radish.

2- Home made humous to add to your mash veggies or home made pesto, Silken Tofu is easy to eat with bad throat just saute in soy sauce, garlic, sesame seed and ginger before heating it up in a pan.

3- For afters try blending two frozen bananas with a little almond milk and peanut butter (add a couple of ice cubes when you blend it)
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Have some warm jello (just the boiled water, don't add the cold). Drink that. It's good. Not a meal, but good. And feel better soon :)
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Pasta. If tomato sauce bothers your throat, you can throw a teeny bit of butter on it. I had strep ALL the time as a kid, and pasta was what my mom would feed me because it's pretty easy to get down.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have strep right now. Couldn't stomach anything today except juice and a brownie (which I wouldn't recommend for several reasons), but I'm contemplating scrambled eggs for tomorrow.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Mashed sweet potato with honey or real maple syrup and butter.
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Polenta/grits with butter and honey

Mashed cauliflower w/ roasted garlic mashed in

mashed sweet potato with greek yogurt and peanut butter mashed in

green smoothie
  • mrsl90
    mrsl90 Posts: 31
    Options
    Scrambled eggs made with skimmed milk and no fat, add in some pepper or chilli flakes so it's not to bland, it's warm, soft and healthy.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Going through strep right now. UGH it sucks, being a YouTuber and all. But I've been really careful to drink lots of water when eating.