My intro :)

michy67
michy67 Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, my name is Michelle and I am new to the site. I figured I would write and tell everyone a little about myself and my weight gain/weight loss story. I have been struggling back and forth with my weight ever since the birth of my daughter 6 years ago (yes - way too long!!)... I gained about 60 pounds on my pregnancy and it took me 2 years after giving birth to Alyssa (my baby girl) to realize I had a huge issue and needed to do something about it. It's crazy how someone can look at themselves every day in the mirror and not see how bad things are you know. I mean, hey.... I knew I was overweight obviously, but I guess I always felt it was still in my control, which it clearly wasn't. So anyways, at the time (June 2006 - I will never forget LOL)... I decided to do something about it.... for me... not for anyone else. I didnt even mention to anyone I was going to diet or exercise.... I just did so. I ended up losing close to 70 pounds in about 7 months. It was refreshing and amazing!!! I kept the weight off for about 3 years but this past year has been insane for me emotionally and my weight slowly began to climb, but it wasnt until the past 3 months that I was put on an antidepressant that lowered my blood sugar and made me crave sweets like crazy.... well end result was me gaining almost 40 pounds in 3 months!!! So again, I found myself back where I was all those years ago..... trying to motivate myself to fix the problem! I started eating healthy and going to the gym only this past week.... I lost 3lbs as of Sunday and another 2 pounds since then... so I am feeling inspired and determined to lose 40 more!! I know from experience it can be done.... I just need to stay mentally motivated. That is my story in a nutshell - so wish me luck and hope we can all help each other out! One of the key factors is having a strong support group. :)

Thanks for your time,
Michelle :)

Replies

• You've come to the right place for the best support group around. Feel free to add me as a friend, and we can support each other in our journey to becoming the slender people we are underneath. And congratulations on your loss already!:flowerforyou:
  • Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • you've done it before, and you can so do it again! I'm fairly new too, but finding MFP is great for keeping me on track.:smile: Good luck!
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Michelle and I am new to the site. I figured I would write and tell everyone a little about myself and my weight gain/weight loss story. I have been struggling back and forth with my weight ever since the birth of my daughter 6 years ago (yes - way too long!!)... I gained about 60 pounds on my pregnancy and it took me 2 years after giving birth to Alyssa (my baby girl) to realize I had a huge issue and needed to do something about it. It's crazy how someone can look at themselves every day in the mirror and not see how bad things are you know. I mean, hey.... I knew I was overweight obviously, but I guess I always felt it was still in my control, which it clearly wasn't. So anyways, at the time (June 2006 - I will never forget LOL)... I decided to do something about it.... for me... not for anyone else. I didnt even mention to anyone I was going to diet or exercise.... I just did so. I ended up losing close to 70 pounds in about 7 months. It was refreshing and amazing!!! I kept the weight off for about 3 years but this past year has been insane for me emotionally and my weight slowly began to climb, but it wasnt until the past 3 months that I was put on an antidepressant that lowered my blood sugar and made me crave sweets like crazy.... well end result was me gaining almost 40 pounds in 3 months!!! So again, I found myself back where I was all those years ago..... trying to motivate myself to fix the problem! I started eating healthy and going to the gym only this past week.... I lost 3lbs as of Sunday and another 2 pounds since then... so I am feeling inspired and determined to lose 40 more!! I know from experience it can be done.... I just need to stay mentally motivated. That is my story in a nutshell - so wish me luck and hope we can all help each other out! One of the key factors is having a strong support group. :)

Thanks for your time,
    Michelle :)

hey hun welcome i am new to all this i only came on last night and started to talk to people hun, but well done for doing the massive weight loss hun in the past witch mean syou do know that you can do it hun i, would love to hear about all ur hints and tips from how you did it befor they may also help you hun to remem ber how well you did do befor hun
    xx
  • im emotama (tamara) im 46 yrs old, usually my only workout would be hard dancing. im a hair dresser, i stand on my feet all day and always complained i didn't have enough time or energy. now i workout in the am. i feel healthier and stronger.
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    im emotama (tamara) im 46 yrs old, usually my only workout would be hard dancing. im a hair dresser, i stand on my feet all day and always complained i didn't have enough time or energy. now i workout in the am. i feel healthier and stronger.

hi ya , i really need to start workign out but really dont have the energy or i cant find teh time to fit it in when i am awake enough for it to make a difference lol x
  • Thanks for all the responses and encouraging words everyone! When I lost the weight a few years back I basically kept my calorie intake below 1200 per day and I became obsessed with the videos from Jillian Michaels. I would do like 2 videos every day...
  • Welcome to the site and best of luck to you along your journey. Always nice to have support.
This discussion has been closed.