Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Needing some motivation and support!

Hi guys,

I am pretty new here and, basically, I am looking for people to keep me going. I have done some of the hard work by myself and have lost 40kgs (88lbs) in the last two years. I still have about 20kgs (50 lbs) to go but haven't lost anything in the last 6 months. This is mainly due to other stuff going on in my life but I am now determined to get where I want to be.

I know I work better as part of a team and so I am looking for people here that will help me and keep me going when things get tough. I am based in Christchurch, New Zealand but I welcome any help from anywhere in any form!

Lets do this together and be the best we can be! Yay!

Replies

• Kimmy7777
    Kimmy7777 Posts: 79
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for a good support group!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    You got me :D havent lost jack for a year and here a few days in have lost 2 1/2 pounds, Im started to get a little bit excited but apprehensive. I want to lose 50-70 and I kind of wonder if I can do it in one go or if Ill need to take breaks of maintenance to not burn out. Whats your approach?
  • I understand you. I started out at 222 lbs and am now below 190. Its taken me 3 years to do it. I am in the gym 4 days a week but it looks like the problem was I just couldn't accurately monitor my calorie intake. That's why I like mfp so much. Now that I can actually see exactly what I am taking in it seems to be helping. Weight loss can be like driving a standard vehicle...you can be stuck in the same gear for a while and never lose. Then all of a sudden your body will shift gears and you will drop 5 lbs. Hang in there....you've done so much already.
  • jammoe130
    jammoe130 Posts: 10
    Thanks guys. I really appreicate it. It's nice to know that this little plateau i seem to be on is only temporary.
    I want to lose 50-70 and I kind of wonder if I can do it in one go or if Ill need to take breaks of maintenance to not burn out. Whats your approach?

I have to be honest here hun. I've never really had an approach. It hasn't been a steady weight loss, it's been fluctuation and losses and gains etc. This is the only time I have really paid any attention to what I am doing and I've only been doing it for a few months now. My personal trainer says that its fine to lose everything continuously as long as it is at a sensible rate of between 0.25 and 0.5kgs a month (sorry don't know what that is in lbs). He has also said though that it's less about the number on the scale and more about how you feel. Hope that helps.
  • losingit4infinity
    losingit4infinity Posts: 31 Member
    Added :)