strength and weight training...how long?

Options
How long does it take once you've started weight and strength training for you body to change shape and lose inches and weight?

Replies

• Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The standard is 8-12 weeks for you to notice a difference.
    Depending on where you start and how tight your diet is, you will see a fast weight drop the first two weeks, followed by a slower, steadier drop until you stop eating at a deficit.
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If you are new to strength then the above post may not apply to you. I completely stalled on the scale for a full month and I have heard of many others doing the same. I lost inches but no weight.
  • mcdona84
    mcdona84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The fastest way to lose weight is caloric restriction. However, if you are strength training and dieting you may see an increase in weight due to increase muscle mass (which is a good thing!). So if your strength is improving, do not worry if your weight has not changed. Increased muscle mass will increase your resting metabolic rate and increase the oxidation of fat (fat burning). However, this process takes time, so be patient.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    If you are new to strength then the above post may not apply to you. I completely stalled on the scale for a full month and I have heard of many others doing the same. I lost inches but no weight.

This is what is happening to me. I guess I will keep going and hopefully see a change soon.
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Yes is currently happening to me too I put on 5lbs when I started. And 3 weeks later I have lost 2lba in the last 2 days. Its really annoying. I need to start measuring because I have no idea if any inches are coming off...and I don't feel like I look any different. I will keep going and hopefully see a change soon.

Thanks everybody