Countdown to Halloween - Turn Up the Heat!

Options
Alright, I've got a slinky black dress and some killer shoes to sport for Halloween .. and my goal is to tone up as much as possible before I have to go out of the house in the thing. I've been working for this since... last Halloween! :wink:

I'm looking for extra company on this last leg - peeps to help me finish strong, encouragment for pushing out one more rep... going an extra mile, sweating another bucket full... you get the idea.

I know there are several Halloween threads out there, but anyone interested in turning up the heat for just 31 days.... (starting Oct 1), holla!

Replies

• StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    hahah Sounds like a good goal! :D I really hope you get into that sexy black dress!

I'd join you, but I think it's best for me to continue to try and shoot for just 2 lbs a week. :) Slow and steady works best for me.

Good luck, sweetness!
  • dindivt
    Options
    Im in, sounds like fun. I recently joined but I would love to make some major headway and have some serious poundage gone in a month if only so I can feel like I acomplished something great.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stacey :) !!! I appreciate your support.

Dindivt - Awesome! Out of curiosity - are you planning on dressing up for Halloween? Is there a certain workout routine you plan on using?

After I wrote this post last night, I busted out some push-ups, and then threw in a set of 10 squats before going to bed. I also think I'm going to resurrect my ritual of balancing on one foot (holding the knee up, drawing abs in) while brushing my teeth - alternating every 30 seconds. These are just the little "extras" I'm going to try to add to the mix. :)

Lookin forward to firin' it up!!!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Dindivt - Awesome! Out of curiosity - are you planning on dressing up for Halloween? Is there a certain workout routine you plan on using?

After I wrote this post last night, I busted out some push-ups, and then threw in a set of 10 squats before going to bed. I also think I'm going to resurrect my ritual of balancing on one foot (holding the knee up, drawing abs in) while brushing my teeth - alternating every 30 seconds. These are just the little "extras" I'm going to try to add to the mix. :)

You just know I'm gonna be doing the tooth thing now dontcha?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options

Go for it! It seems a little silly but the small things add up. I bet your balance improves while you also do some strengthening. :)
  • dindivt
    Options

Go for it! It seems a little silly but the small things add up. I bet your balance improves while you also do some strengthening. :)

I havent made a decision on an outfit, Im working on the 31st but have the 30th off and am thinking about having a party so Im not sure if Im going to dress up or not, I would be happy if I could just fit into a size smaller jeans that I have in my closet. I am going to pick up Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD tomorrow since Im going to be off and do that and just be more active. I work the overnight shift as a dispatcher and its a pretty sedintary job, I just have to remember to not be so lazy during the day. As much as Id like to think so I am not asleep the entire 12 hours a day Im not at work and am not completely busy and unable to workout the days Im not at work.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Good luck with the shred. That should be pretty do-able. Just 20-30 minutes and you're done. And you'll feel SO proud of yourself bc it's not exactly an easy workout. Having a party sounds like FUN - I vote that you do it! And, for kicks, think of an easy costume - it will be something to look forward to! :)

Today - I went for a run / walk, and threw in a set of pushups. (Just 10). Thinking that for the first week of October, I'll aim for 10 pushups 3 x a day as a supplement to whatever else I'm doing that day. Hopefully that will help sculpt my arms and shoulders a bit? Any other suggestions for quick, not too imposing on my schedule, but adding heat to the fire?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Bumping to bring this to the top of the boards. I'm in a bit of a panic - tiny black dress and 13 days to go!
    I'm in a bit of a scramble - do I run? Do pilates? Do evil Jillian DVD's back to back? I want to do it ALL! Oh yeah, and eat well too.
    Anyone else on the mad dash to the finish line - feel free to jump in. The more the merrier.
    :drinker:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bumping to bring this to the top of the boards. I'm in a bit of a panic - tiny black dress and 13 days to go!
    I'm in a bit of a scramble - do I run? Do pilates? Do evil Jillian DVD's back to back? I want to do it ALL! Oh yeah, and eat well too.
    Anyone else on the mad dash to the finish line - feel free to jump in. The more the merrier.
    :drinker:

Hahah! Girl I feel ya! I still have 5 lbs to lose before Halloween for the H20 challenge - I'm not sure if I can make it, but I've lost 15 lbs since the start of the challenge and I'm darn sure going to give it my all to lose 5 more pounds in the next 13 days! That way I know that if I don't make it then I can't be too hard on myself. ;)

I say do some light pilates then go for a run! But then gain, I'm just not a fan of Jillian Micheals. lol

Good luck to us both - and girl, you better post pictures of you in that slinky black dress! lol :D
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    :) Go for it - if you've lost 15 since the start of the challenge, I have every faith you can drop another 5 - (or die tryin!) That's incredible progress Stacy. I'm so very proud of you.

I took some of your advice - the pilates part. Followed by a Yoga Meltdown dvd and then a bunch of arm exercises. I also found a VERY fun introduction to mixing it up on the treadmill, but I already had my post-workout shower, so I'll save it for tomorrow. Google "tracy anderson treadmill dancing" (or some variation of that) and see if you can find a youtube clip. It's hilarious - skipping, push up leaps, and side steps on the treadmill. Looks like WAY more fun than I ever have on it. I"m totally doing this ASAP.

Also, trying to stay focused on super duper good nutrition - at least for the next two weeks. IF (and at this point it's a big if) the dress ends up fitting, I will post a pic. :) Thanks for the motivation. I REALLY REALLY appreciate it!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Just did a mixture of high intensity interval training and a combo of the Tracy Anderson treadmill dancing - for 30 mins. I felt super goofy and dont know if I could do the treadmill dancing anywhere but my own living room. It was fun though. :laugh:

I also got the best high off of that 30 minute jaunt - so maybe it's true that I really DO need to push it once my body gets used to a certain level or format of exercise. (I've been shying away from that all this time. And yet, I feel like I just scaled Mt Everest. I've missed that little high!)

Next up - pilates.