Not a lot of weight to lose, but a lot of changes to make

Options
burntpie
burntpie Posts: 19 Member
Hi there

I've been on and off this community for a few years but I really want to get stuck in and make a change. This is the first time I've reached out for friends here to help support me, and I'd like to support others. I feel that's probably the way to help me make this stick.

I am looking to lose up to 15 - 20 pounds. I'm a small framed short chick who is 36 years old. I have never been fit, and have never stuck to a healthy eating or exercise regime. I am not obese but I am starting at zero when it comes to muscle mass and fitness.

I work hard at my job and when I'm not at work I sit on the couch and eat to relax. I love carbs and dairy and salt. And wine. But I'm not happy in myself, I keep making grand attempts that never stick - like juice fasts and health retreats and personal training blitzes. Wasting time, money and emotional energy. Then feeling depressed when I'm back at square one.

What I want to do is just get into a consistent pattern of healthy eating and regular exercise. And to start to like myself again.

I have hand weights at home and I don't mind running. I don't really like the gym. Yet :)

If you are looking for any new friends on here please add me.

Thanks

Replies

• marcyj
    marcyj Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We've got about the same amount of weight to lose! I'm trying to focus on fitness and working out as well. :) I love to run, but sometimes it makes the arthritis in my hips flare up (stupid ballet as a teenager!) so I've gotten into Zumba and Step Aerobics at the gym, too.

We can do this!