what are your favorite "diet" foods/products?

Options
I have been on MFP for 38 days now, and that is long enough to see that not too many here enjoy diet food.

However, I am sure there are a few here who like some diet-y things?

Here are some I like-

Unsweetend Almond milk (40 cals)

No added sugar fudgsicles (40 cals)

nestle fat free cocoa (20 cals)

Outshine popsicles (25 cals)

sugar free jello (10 cals)

sugar free pudding packs (70 cals)

diet ginger ale canada dry

light plain yogurt (150 cals per 8oz)

hershey lite ( for my daughter's sippy cup) (15 cals)

Brown rice cakes ( crunchy and satisfying) (40 cals)

and splenda sweetner for tea and coffee ;)

Now my family doesnt eat only processed fake sugar food like products, but these are a nice sweet treat that doesnt blow the caloric budget, and taste nice (to me and my family). We use splenda based products overwhelmingly because they taste good.

Do you have any favorite foods that are aimed at a dieting audience?

Replies

• october41paula
    october41paula Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    diet coke
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love diet food!!!! I actually ate pretty healthy before but just needed to learn to practice portion control and to quit drinking alcohol.....anyway.....Carrots and hummus....specifically low cal "Eating Right" brand hummus from Safeway's various store chains. It's my lunch pretty much every single day.
  • doodlecakes_07
    doodlecakes_07 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda and Light and Fit Greek yogurt. I know I shouldn't drink/eat them, but I'm addicted. Sometimes I get Zevia, soda sweetened with stevia, and that's just a healthier diet soda. I also get plain greek yogurt and add powdered stevia and vanilla extract.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't food , its a gadget! I love my SPirooli, it makes noodles out of zucchini that are great!!
  • _haleymikhail
    Options
    Not really one for fake sugar or diet drinks, but I do love Diet Dr Pepper, and that goes for the flavored ones (Cherry, Vanilla) too. I also really like the Sparkling Ice Beverage line. If I have to use a sweetener I'd choose Truvia above all others. I like almond milk, but only unsweetened vanilla by Silk. Love the Baked chip products by Frito Lay. Fiber One makes amazing "desserts". The brownie one is my favorite. And I really love the whole wheat w/ flax flat outs by Hungry Girl. They make the best sandwiches! (:
  • _haleymikhail
    Options
    Mine isn't food , its a gadget! I love my SPirooli, it makes noodles out of zucchini that are great!!

That sounds awesome! Where did you get it?
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    i don't know why but i really like truvia/stevia in my coffee more than anything else!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Cary's sugar free syrup (I honestly prefer this to any other syrup for pancakes and the like)

Best Choice fat free sour cream - I usually don't do a lot of FF products but this tastes exactly the same as regular sour cream to me

Fage plain 0% yogurt

Aldi store brand Sandwich Skinnys

Aldi hummus

Laughing Cow or Aldi cheese wedges

Atkins bars (I don't do Atkins, but like these - especially chocolate hazelnut)

almost any brand of neufchatel cream cheese
  • linka411
    linka411 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs- oreos and ritz crackers-helps me get my sweet/salty mix :)
    roasted almonds and cashews- such great flavor and a good filling snack if I'm hungry
    peanut butter- same reason as above, and I usually have it on a slice of whole wheat toast.
  • servicedograiser
    servicedograiser Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just found NoOodles! The tomato risotto and chicken noodle soup , while expensive are great to eat in the car and they are tera-paks so they are just fine to store there!...gonna try adding the NoOodles to broth for soup.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Kroger carbmaster skim milk. 60cals a cup, 11 g of protein also comes in vanilla and chocolate. When I am craving something salty-slim Jim minis snack sticks-40 cals. Oscar Mayer p3 protein snack packs-14 g of protein.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop Popcorn
    Skinny Cow Fudge Pops
    Fage Plain Yoghurt
    Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    "Natural" peanut butter (i.e., no preservatives, sugar, or anything other than peanuts).

80-90% chocolate.

:)
  • diabetesdieter
    diabetesdieter Posts: 47 Member
    Options

That sounds awesome! Where did you get it?

I got a vegetti that does the same thing. It was like 11 bucks at Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% off coupon. It works great : )
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love low calories foods like...

All skinny cow products and Yasso frozen yogurt bars.
    100 calorie packs
    Weight watchers snacks.
    Special K snacks.
    Fiber one brownies/lemon bars.
    String cheese
    Laughing cow cheese wedges on cucumber
    Low fat cottage cheese
    Greek yogurt
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Not even really a diet-y food, but I've found I'm pretty addicted to broccoli now. I can easily take down massive quantities of steamed broccoli at dinner time and not rack up many calories at all.
  • sugarcane150
    Options
    I love to eat fat free yogurt with some fruit in it, either dried cranberries or raisins. I also eat pistachios and almonds but in moderation :) In the summer time i used to mix my yogurt with strawberries or blueberries and keep them in the freezer to make "frozen yogurt". I think the best snack idea is to freeze blueberries or grapes, they taste fantastic!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I don't eat diet specific foods much anymore, but when I did I enjoyed:

Fresca
    Diet Dr. Pepper
    Sugar free Jello
    Caramel Rice Cakes
    Sugar free Reese's mini-cups

Probably the only "diet" like food I consume now semi-regularly is Fage plain Greek yogurt. And that's only because I actually prefer the taste of it when I add equal, vanilla abstract, and fruit over the sweetened yogurts.

And I'm assuming you're talking about more dedicated "diet" foods, not fruits and vegetables. Because plant foods are a huge and regular part of my diet.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love red and orange bell peppers. I could eat them all day long.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i see alot of almond milk drinkers!