Introduce myself, ok well hear goes

Options
Hi
well i come after not caring what i weigh or how much i exercise then something snapped in me about a year ago i stopped eating altogether, 21 days and i was a mess i felt like i was dying. in hindsight my body was probably screaming at me that i was. i was and am morbidly obese i never had a problem with how i look but now i see food as the destruction of me, the drug i must eat some of but not all and i don't want it. i felt freeiest when fasting even when i stopped fasting i will only take 500 cal a day. i don't want to be fat anymore I have to eat what is necessary for my body to survive but not one cal more i am and have always been anemic i take a multi and a iron sup but i don't feel right if any one has any ideas on supplements that might help. also if any one has any ideas on how to make, encourage, coerce family and friends not to enable or force crap food on me. I mean just because i use to eat a hole pizza is it a bad thing i only want one slice now and even that i don't really want i just know it is easer to take it then to hear them go on and on i know my methods are BAD and no good but i don't need an ear bashing so if that all you have keep it

Replies

• dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    Wow - of course you have to eat, if you eat a healthy diet you shouldn't even need all those supplements, unless your doc has told you to do so. I would use this site as a guide for your diet, caloric intake etc... the support is awesome, please add me as a friend if you wish.

I would also go to your doctor and get a check up and let him know what you are doing and how you feel about all of it. sounds like you could use some major support. He might know of a local support group that you could talk to.

Sit down and talk to your family about the issues they are presenting and how you feel.
  • michelle29714
    Options
    First you need to work on YOU! You need to love yourself enough to say "Enough is enough I am killing myself" and then start fresh. Go to your doctor, get a check up, tell them what you are trying to accomplish, get help, there are resources out there that can help you with a diet plan that is right for you. MFP is an awesome tool for those who have already started thier diet journey, but you seem to go from over eating to starving and that is not a good thig. 500 cals a day is not enough to sustain a dog's life! Are you a dog? I don't think so, you need help and you need it now! I know this sounds harsh but it had to be said. make the committment to yourself....ask yourself these questions:

1) can I live with myself this way any longer?
    2) can I justify dying because I don't know how to eat correctly
    3) do I want to live?
    4) who am I?

I would start by making a doctors appt TODAY!
    Then get on a a meal plan that is right for you
    Tell your family your plans and STICK TO IT!

and finally tell yourself that you will love yourself enough to take the first step towards a healthy lifestyle...

I am hear to help if you need me too!

we are all here to help, just ask !
  • canbecanbe
    Options
    r u kidding i know i can be honest here because it is anonymous i know in your state or country it might not be a sectional deed to starve yourself for + 20 days but here it would get me a one way trip to a locked ward and alot of nothing would get me out
  • michelle29714
    Options
    ok well sorry I offered the help...........
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Regarding your family, I think it's very important to work on assertive communication. Be open about trying to live a healthy lifestyle. There are times with my parents where it seemed like they weren't going to get it. I kept on repeating to my mom regarding certain high sugar foods: "If I had problems with drinking alcohol compulsively, would you give me alcohol (or another drug) even when I ask you not to? That's how it is with this food. I can't be around this stuff." Eventually, she listened. Perservere.

Be committed to living a healthy lifestyle, and be gracious with yourself as you learn how to do so.
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    500 calories a day is, frankly, ridiculous. Even with vitamins and other supplements you're just not treating your body in a healthy manner. One thing I've learnt on this journey is that eating healthily is all about balance - and in order to have something balance there needs to be something on both sides of the scale. You need to eat some bad things as well as good, especially coming from being morbidly obese as that's where I was just a few months ago.

Michelle's advice is great, your best bet is to go and see your doctor and have them help you to decide on the best way to address the issues you have. If it's really such an issue regarding starving yourself (whereabouts are you?), then don't mention that! Just say you want to sort yourself out and are after some advice. I can't believe a health professional anywhere wouldn't at least be able to refer you to a dietician or nutritionist if it's outside of their expertise.

It's good that you say you don't want to be fat anymore - that's most of the battle. You have to do this for YOURSELF, and you are the best person to make it happen. I'm sure your family and friends would soon understand regarding portion sizes, and I'm sure they're not force-feeding you so just refuse and say you've had all you need.

Best of luck with it, you're in the right place anyway. :smile:
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    I think tmls is spot on... please have a check up with your doctor. You do not have to mention the starving of yourself. Just get a general check up and discuss with him/her that you are ready to lose weight and just wanted a little guidance/advice.

Even if you choose not to see a doctor, though, you know you need to eat. Your body, just like your car, needs fuel to run. Try and think of it that way. It may help your mindset. Try your dead level best to eat your allotted calories. I know you will have a tough time with it, but please try. You can get loads of support and encouragement on this site. If you are able to consume your calories, you will probably be quite shocked at the results. As you feel better, start trying exercise to find what suits you best and you will be on your way!

I also agree with others who have said that you really need to have a serious conversation with your family/friends/co-workers (anyone who may be a stumbling block to your success) about your plans for changing your life in a positive way and ask for their support. If they are unwilling or unable to support, you can kindly ask them to atleast not stand in your way. I am from a Southern state (Louisiana) of the U.S. and totally understand about people always trying to feed you. I now have enough success behind me to tactfully decline their offers and they see me eating healthy foods and eventually they cave in and quit asking.

You have made a tremendous step already by reaching out for support. I will help you any way that I can. I am proud of you for being so open and honest with us. Friend request me if you like.

Take care!
  • canbecanbe
    Options
    i will have a check up but i wont mention my eating habits i live in australia where healthcare is free, free to lock u up for as long as they want LOL
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Good for you! Check in with us and let us share this journey with you.
  • purplehorizon
    purplehorizon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I eat over 500 calories for either my lunch or dinner meal. But I know I will be burning that amount of calories when I go to the gym later. I think the 1200 or 1250 calorie goals on here are realistic - plus you can eat a little more as long as you exercise.

I don't see how you can continuously eat 500 calories per day without the side affects. There was a recent The Doctor's show (not sure if you get it there in Oz) where a woman lost 60 lbs but stayed under 1000 calories per day and she ended up dying and the cause was from starvation. This girl was in her mid 20's so at 30 you're kind of pushing it.

At only 500 calories a day, your body is not getting enough food to function. It doesn't matter how many vitamins you take, it's all about the nutrients, etc. that you get from food. Your metabolism will be a total mess and your body starts to feed off of your muscles. You might lose the weight but your chances of gaining it back and even more are quite high. If you lose it too fast without exercise, your skin will sag and look unattractive.

Whether or not you see a doctor is up to you but I do suggest a group such as Overeaters Anonymous or something similar - maybe a support group plus you have us here for support. As for your family, friends, etc "enticing" you to eat. Well since you're not a child and they can't "make" you eat what you don't want to, then just say no. It is difficult at first to turn down the goodies but once you set your mind, you'll be skipping over the food that's bad for you for something more healthy, especially when you have goals that you want to reach.

Good luck :)