FRUSTRATED - 29 Days of workout with nada

Options
Firstly, I am a very muscular girl - quad dominant with broad shoulders. I am really good at weight lifting but had to stop due to a shoulder injury (I was in CrossFit but the injury wasn't CF related).

Anyway, through myofascial massage I've finally been able to work out again (I've been doing Daily Burn cardio and bodyweight programs) 6 days a week and my diet has been pretty awesome with some allowed cheats.

I started the workout program at 189 and I'm currently 195 almost 30 days in with no changes to waist measurements. I am being really faithful but was really hoping that within a month I'd at least have SOME changes. Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hows sleep?
  • mariahmilan
    mariahmilan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sleep is pretty terrible. I have three little kids and am self employed so my brain never shuts off seems like. That is a GREAT question!
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I noticed that you have PCOS. I also have it. I also looked at your diary. Something that helped me was to cut down on processed carbs, eat more full fat dairy as opposed to "fat free" type products, and increasing protein. Chemicals and processed foods have more impact on those of us who have PCOS as do carbs. Every woman who has PCOS is insulin resistent to some extent. That insulin resistence is what A) makes you crave carbs and sweets, and B) make losing weight more difficult.

Unfortunately, with PCOS it isn't so much "calories in, vs calories out". We also have to be mindful of the source and quality of those calories. I still eat cookies, don't get me wrong... but I also know what it does to the scale.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Sleep is pretty terrible. I have three little kids and am self employed so my brain never shuts off seems like. That is a GREAT question!

the devil is in the details.

My recommendation is to get the kids on a schedule where they are getting sleep from sundown to sun up.
    You'll find that you can sleep better that way too.
    Essentially unplug them about an hour prior to bed.
    Remove any type of wifi from their room and install a remote on/off switch to any of their electronic devices.

PM if you need specific recommendations on supplements or tactics to help turn the brain off at night without the use of drugs.
    Once you fix your sleep, you'll be able to lose the fat or gain muscle or whatever you're trying to do.

As for PCOS, lift weights and follow a 70% pale style nutrition and you'll straighten that out in time.
  • mariahmilan
    mariahmilan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions guys! Will definitely move to a more 70% paleo and I think for the carbby carbs I'll try to stick to sprouted grain versus regular. MAHALO!