New here and looking for friends/partners!

Options
I am new here, I am from NH and seeking others to help keep me motivated! I started working out with my daughter ( who is 20) and trying to diet but the diet I find the hardest thing of all! Would love to get some ideas and meet friends close by or far away!

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    The diet is definitely the hardest part for me. I love exercise but the eating right is a struggle.
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am sure you will have success here as the people, support and motivation on this site are amazing!
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Hello ,

I'm new here too, please feel free to add me . It will be lovely to have the support x Jojo
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! This is a great site; I have just started back on my fitness routine and this site and everyone on it are a big help.. Good luck and feel free to friend me... :smile:
  • babsc01
    babsc01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Glad to have you here...let's all keep each other motivated!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    i'm here for you!!! i stopped dieting. i am changing my thinking and my lifestyle. i want to be healthy and active so that i can finish well.
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yep me too. No "diet" here. I just re-programmed my brain to strongly dislike whatever it was that was causing a problem. Say pizza. Or just severe over-eating and drinking. The brain is very much like a computer ya know. I give it new orders and it does what I tell it to. It never says "Hey, how about some fast food?" because I told my brain they're just eating poison. I can make the exact same things here at my house with a fraction of the calories. If it's been processed, I just say no.

I think my new lifestyle is so much better for me and I don't miss the old me. I don't like that guy much for a whole list of reasons. But I do like me now just fine. In fact, I love me! I want to keep me around for a long long while, in good shape and having fun with my family and friends instead of sitting on the sidelines all the time.
  • gmcgee32
    Options
    im new here and looking forward to reaping the advantages of being part of a program like this
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! Good luck with your journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I always welcome new support partners!
  • thompsonj11
    Options
    I'm new here too. Feel free to add me, we need all the motivation we can get!
  • daniellesite
    daniellesite Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I joined about 3wks ago and couldn't be happier. I wasn't really THAT committed when I got on here but with all the encouragement from everyone I really started to apply myself. I am so happy that you found this site. We are all working toward the same healthy goals so you're not alone. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like and welcome! Take care.
  • Kikboxr33
    Options
    Im new too! Im from Mass. but live in AZ., and want to lose the baby weight! So far so good, and I've got a few friends on board as well including the hubby. Good luck! Carolyn:wink:
  • michelleh72
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just got back from work and saw all the messages!