HELP - muscle weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• avm1962
    avm1962 Posts: 32
    Options
    When you start a new exercise program, you can get small newbie muscle gains. You didn't gain 2 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks. That's a giant muscle gain that women don't see, even if they're lifting massively heavy weights and eating at a surplus. You probably just burned off some of the fat that was covering your hamstrings so you can see them now.

2 pounds is within normal fluctuation range, and staying at the same weight for 2 weeks is totally normal during weight loss. You can expect that to happen again, probably more than once. If you still don't see a loss after 4 weeks, you need to either adjust your intake or increase your exercise. If you panic every time the scale stalls for a week or two, you're going to be very frustrated very quickly.

Thanks for that - giving me hope :-)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I wasnt saying I gained 2lb of muscle in two weeks - I was meaning since I started two months ago.
    Maybe it is just that as someone said - I have lost fat around those muscles and all of a suidden I can feel them.
    I just feel myself they are "new" to me -
    never mind - no worries -
    will stick with the programme -
    I am just bummed that in two weeks of ACCURATELY logging foods and calorie output i have not lost anything - I guess I was hoping that muscle weight would have been the answer but clearly its not - it is just the simple fact I am stuck :(
    I am tracking with a fitbit - I dont log MFP exercise calories as it always seems too much - I go by my fitbit
    I have been stuck now - and no inch loss either -
    we shall see -
    just a tad bummed off :(
    sorry for whining :embarassed:

I will ask my trainer see what she says on Monday .
    Thanks everyone for your input :flowerforyou:

You aren't being whiny...I've gone 4 weeks without a loss...then woosh...sometimes the body is just that way...I read an article actually about it...wish I had the link handy.

And yes I suspect you have lost enough now that you are feeling them....I am still that way with my shoulders...constantly thinking really those are your shoulders..wow...
  • avm1962
    avm1962 Posts: 32
    Options
    I googled hamstrings (I always thought hamstrings were the lower leg) - you are correct - for sure its "my hamstrings"
    well - I have them hah! and they have found their way through the layers - and are rock solid - so I guess i must be doing something right :happy: