Body Fat has an Important Physical Role

Options
2»

Replies

• tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for that um fact filled lesson on adipose tissue...i'm sure i'll use it often...kind of like algebra ;)
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sir Mix-a-lot has already taught us the important role of body fat.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    It has come under scrutiny that too much lipo, the actual removal of fat cells, can cause hormone imbalances and issues. However, dieting does not reduce the number of fat cells, it just reduces their size.

I was going to point out the same thing.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    your point is?
    That fat isn't all bad. We CANNOT live at 0% body fat nor is carrying single percentage body fat numbers usually the indication of "best" health.
    There are people on this site who NEED to gain some weight, but are terrified of it being a portion of fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Agreed, there are some people who need to realize that fat is necessary for their body, but it seems the majority here, myself included, have fat cells that are too big and that throws off the body just as much as having too little fat.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sir Mix-a-lot has already taught us the important role of body fat.

:bigsmile:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Adipose!!!

doctor-who-adipose-alien.jpg
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    your point is?
    That fat isn't all bad. We CANNOT live at 0% body fat nor is carrying single percentage body fat numbers usually the indication of "best" health.
    There are people on this site who NEED to gain some weight, but are terrified of it being a portion of fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Agreed, there are some people who need to realize that fat is necessary for their body, but it seems the majority here, myself included, have fat cells that are too big and that throws off the body just as much as having too little fat.

Personally, I hated being fat so much that it was easy for me to lose sight of the fact that I need a good bit of it to be healthy. It's like calories (playing "how little can I eat" isn't a good idea) or insulin. We become so practiced seeing them as things that need to be defeated that we lose sight of their importance.