clean eating 'sugar'

Options
2»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    The Naturopathic Dr I go to says.......she is also a M.D. and a registered dietitian.

If it has a face and was born from a mother..............good to eat

If it grows in the ground or on a tree and you can pick it and eat it............good to eat.

If it has to be soaked, sprouted to be fit to eat - eat on rare occasion

If it has to be heavily processed and packaged to resemble some type of food object stay away.

If you choose to have anything that comes frozen, boxed or other wise packaged, if it has more than 5 ingredients, then stay away...................5 ingredients or under and it is ok to have on rare occasion.

^ this is why the human race is doomed.

SMDH.

Wolf.... born to a mother.... not so tasty (carnivores are not good sources of nutrition for humans)
    Nightshade - grows from the ground and can be picked - deadly to humans for consumption.
    Beans - almost all have to be soaked and/or cooked to be eaten as some then can make you sick if eaten raw - quite healthy for you.
    Raw milk - dangerous to drink, full of bacteria. Pasteurized milk - bacteria free, safe to drink (is now considered processed, pasteurization is a process).

USE YOUR CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The Naturopathic Dr I go to says.......she is also a M.D. and a registered dietitian.

If it grows in the ground or on a tree and you can pick it and eat it............good to eat.

If it has to be heavily processed and packaged to resemble some type of food object stay away.

If you choose to have anything that comes frozen, boxed or other wise packaged, if it has more than 5 ingredients, then stay away...................5 ingredients or under and it is ok to have on rare occasion.

SMDH.

Wolf.... born to a mother.... not so tasty (carnivores are not good sources of nutrition for humans)
    Nightshade - grows from the ground and can be picked - deadly to humans for consumption.
    Beans - almost all have to be soaked and/or cooked to be eaten as some then can make you sick if eaten raw - quite healthy for you.
    Raw milk - dangerous to drink, full of bacteria. Pasteurized milk - bacteria free, safe to drink (is now considered processed, pasteurization is a process).

Hey wait, I drink raw milk all the time. It's completely healthy if you know the source!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

So refined sugar is totally fine then. It comes in a box, but only has one ingredient.

And what is wrong with sprouted things? Bean sprouts are yummy, and malted barley is indispensable (for beer)!
  • mccindy72
    Options

SMDH.

Hey wait, I drink raw milk all the time. It's completely healthy if you know the source!

I did too, growing up, but there's always a risk in drinking it, that's the point I was making.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

SMDH.

I did too, growing up, but there's always a risk in drinking it, that's the point I was making.

Just pickin' on ya. We definitely agree on the OP
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I dont quite know about any kind of sugar for clean eating purposes.

Brown sugar is just white sugar with mollasses in it.

A little bit of what you want probably wont hurt as a seasoning, but I have never considered sugar items to be "clean eating" I associate clean eating with fresh vegetables, fruit, dairy, in other words, food that you find around the edges of the store, (meaning that food found in the aisles is usually the not clean eating. since sugar falls into that category I would not eat much of it.)

but my theory is - if eating a bit of sugar over yogurt is what enables you to eat it, then i would eat that litlte bit of sugar and not worry about it. Becuz the benefits of the yogurt will outweight the non-benefits of the sugar you use to season it.

What to worry about is eating cakes and pastries and donuts, that would be something to be concerened about, not a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup here and there.

Phew, good thing fruit doesn't have sugar or you'd have contradicted yourself

i forgot to include it , but yeah fruit is clean eating.

I even consider frozen veg to be "clean eating", even though its in the aisle there.

there are ranges of what "clean eating" means to one person vs the other. I will eat frozen veg and consider myself a clean eater. but not canned veg coz the taste sucks and i consider that processed with some stuff i dont want to eat!
    So, make it up as you go along? I can handle that.

Yes actually sometimes that is the best success. Tweaking as we go along. I stand by that and am losing weight.

I'm neither religiously strict about it, but neither too eating like whatever, so i basically know what clean eating is, however, I think doing that MOST of the time is more sustainable. i guess that does not answer the OP's question, necessary, but this is how a person can approach clean eating while enjoyin their food. A person may not be 100% perfect, but if they are striving to eat better, then that is good. I am not going to split hairs with people who want to debate whether a package of frozen carrots is better/worse than ones sold in the produce section. if one wants to be strict about it, pick the fresh produce carrots.

Sounds like moderation to me...

No not moderation. Moderation would be IIFYM. i.e. poptarts are not considered clean eating.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    O.o

Your kidneys are going to beat you up.

Have fun passing, after the kidneys pass.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I dont quite know about any kind of sugar for clean eating purposes.

Brown sugar is just white sugar with mollasses in it.

A little bit of what you want probably wont hurt as a seasoning, but I have never considered sugar items to be "clean eating" I associate clean eating with fresh vegetables, fruit, dairy, in other words, food that you find around the edges of the store, (meaning that food found in the aisles is usually the not clean eating. since sugar falls into that category I would not eat much of it.)

but my theory is - if eating a bit of sugar over yogurt is what enables you to eat it, then i would eat that litlte bit of sugar and not worry about it. Becuz the benefits of the yogurt will outweight the non-benefits of the sugar you use to season it.

What to worry about is eating cakes and pastries and donuts, that would be something to be concerened about, not a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup here and there.

Phew, good thing fruit doesn't have sugar or you'd have contradicted yourself

i forgot to include it , but yeah fruit is clean eating.

I even consider frozen veg to be "clean eating", even though its in the aisle there.

there are ranges of what "clean eating" means to one person vs the other. I will eat frozen veg and consider myself a clean eater. but not canned veg coz the taste sucks and i consider that processed with some stuff i dont want to eat!
    So, make it up as you go along? I can handle that.

Yes actually sometimes that is the best success. Tweaking as we go along. I stand by that and am losing weight.

I'm neither religiously strict about it, but neither too eating like whatever, so i basically know what clean eating is, however, I think doing that MOST of the time is more sustainable. i guess that does not answer the OP's question, necessary, but this is how a person can approach clean eating while enjoyin their food. A person may not be 100% perfect, but if they are striving to eat better, then that is good. I am not going to split hairs with people who want to debate whether a package of frozen carrots is better/worse than ones sold in the produce section. if one wants to be strict about it, pick the fresh produce carrots.

Sounds like moderation to me...

No not moderation. Moderation would be IIFYM. i.e. poptarts are not considered clean eating.

Clean is a relative term... grass fed steak to a paleo is clean but to a vegan is not. Clean has no meaning in reference to diet.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJQFG8AedIjxs4Socfp3XVwRyPJXLAUQDsXeyXt9cvWJ6gNubg