30 Day Shred+5k Training?

Options
I am at the end of my training for a 5k (which means I run 2.5+ miles per day three days a week). I started 30 day shred for the second time this week and I'm wanting to do it every day to see results faster. I'm wondering if anybody has attempted doing 30 day shred on the same day as running and if so, was it too much? If not, was it easier to do 30 day shred first and run afterward or vice versa? I plan to do 30DS everyday and just maintain my three days per week running plan (until my 5k at the end of April at least). Any experience will help!

Replies

• chemteacher1987
    chemteacher1987 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this too, because I was planning on doing that as well
  • ljb03190
    ljb03190 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started 30DS this morning for the first time and am hoping to complete it this time. I've started it about a million times and then fall off the wagon :-/. I also want to do the C25K but will do that after the 30DS because for me it'll be too much. My advice is to give it a try for a few days or a week and see how your body does or if it's too much for you ...
  • bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did the whole 30 day shred about this time last year and lost a pant size so I'm hoping for similar results this time. However, most of my results were in inches and I would like to continue my running for cardio so I can lose both pounds and inches :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I actually did 30DS a couple of times last year then started running 5k and the results were pretty amazing. All the hard work allowed me to wear a bikini in confidence for the first time in my life. It's a great combo!