Beyond Frustrated!

Options
I have been doing cardio such as running (couch210k) and other cardio daily.. and I did not lose any weight this week! I didn't change ANYTHING this week and last week I lost 10lbs.. I would have been happy with 2-3 this week.. but the scale didn't even move.. BEYOND FUSTRATED.. help please..and yes I have stayed in my Net calories

Replies

• jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It's one week - don't sweat it - keep going, make sure you are still eating at deficit - and it'll happen.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    After 1 week.. Just Quit obviously this isn't working....

Patience...
  • lstd
    lstd Posts: 40
    Options
    I am just wondering if I should up more cardio.. or eat more.. not sure what the correct thing to do is..
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Your over thinking this! You've done fabulous, lost 5 pounds a week! Most people would love to be in your position. Relax and keep doing what your doing, it's working!!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Think of it like this, when you gained the weight did you gain 10lbs every week? Or did you maybe gain some one week, stay the same the next and so on? I'm betting on the second. It works the same when you're going the other direction. Some weeks you'll have bigger losses than others. Hang in there!
  • KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    Well first of all, losing 2 pounds (of fat) a week is usually the MOST we would want to see unless you are obese to begin with.

Secondly, the wild fluctuations (losing 10 pounds last week, to none this week) to me says that right now, trying to track your progress with the scale will just lead to a lot of confusion and heartache. Sounds like adding in a new exercise program is manipulating your water retention a bit.

Try to keep another form of progress tracking, such as pictures or circumference measurements. This way you'll have a second option when the scale is being weird, as scales are wont to do!

As the others said...patience!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is due to calorie deficit, exercise may help in creating a deficit, but won't solve dietary issues.
    Also, expect some bloat/water retention from any sudden increase or change in exercise that can mask actual weight loss.

And loss is long-term and requires long-term consistency

If you're frustrated after a few week ... that attitude won't help succeed.

Make sure you are eating enough (how much are you eating) and tracking!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    stay steady. Don't change a thing. If anything, depending on how much you want to lose in total, I think ten pounds in two weeks is fast.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am just wondering if I should up more cardio.. or eat more.. not sure what the correct thing to do is..

Depends on your settings - how much activity you entered when calculating your settings. If you are eating back some of your exercise calories then don't worry too much keep going like you are for a couple more weeks and see what happens. Make sure you are weighing and measuring your foods and logging accurately. Your body is probably just readjusting to the new exercise regime, give it time. You could be retaining fluids for a number of reasons - I can't view your diary so that's about all I can offer.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have been doing cardio such as running (couch210k) and other cardio daily.. and I did not lose any weight this week! I didn't change ANYTHING this week and last week I lost 10lbs.. I would have been happy with 2-3 this week.. but the scale didn't even move.. BEYOND FUSTRATED.. help please..and yes I have stayed in my Net calories

really??? if you are really frustrated I suggest take a step back and look at reality for a minute...
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    stay steady. Don't change a thing. If anything, depending on how much you want to lose in total, I think ten pounds in two weeks is fast.

Generally a big loss in the first two weeks is common - it's mostly water weight - I lost lots the first couple weeks and then settled into a slower and steadier loss.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Go out and grab a pizza to cheer yourself up!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in a week? It took me 2 months to lose 10 lbs.

I'd be proud that you were successful in such a little time.
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the scale. Let your body do the "talking".... I used to weigh every day... 2-3-sometimes 4 times a day... move the scale around the house to find a spot where i weighed the thinnest... made myself crazy AND fatter. I would think I was working so hard at losing, only to see the scale go up a little, go down a little, up, down... etc...That stupid scale was ruling my life... I'd figured what the heck... I am going to gain anyway, so why even try...

I got rid of the scale last July 1... have stepped on it once since then (end of Nov last year) and only because I had broken my wrist and needed a pre-op exam. I didn't even look at the scale and told the nurse I didn't want to know.... Curiousity did get the best of me though and while in the recovery room after surgery, I asked the nurse what my pre-op exam weigh in was... uh... okay... luckily I was laying down at the time because I probably would have passed out when I found out what I weighed. I had dropped a whopping 52 lbs!!!! That would NEVER have happened if I was weighing myself every day... I would have given up many times over...

I've not stepped on the scale since and not sure when I will again, but I can tell you this much... last July 1, I was wearing a very tight size 18 (had the 20s, 22s, and 24s hanging in my closet for when I'd eventually be back in that size). Last night, I bought myself a pair of jeans... size 6. The last time I wore a size six was when I was in first grade and it was actually a size 6X, which is what chubby little girls wore back then!

My closet no longer houses the 18s, 20s, 22s and 24s.... I packed them up after New Years and traded them in at the Goodwill for size 12... which was a day to celebrate back then.... can't even begin to express how I felt the first day I bought a size 10! I plastered pictures of those size 10s all over my facebook... and now... wow.. a size 6. :happy:

Yep... let my body do the talking instead of having my life ruled by numbers on a scale..
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If the 10 lb loss was in your first 1-4 weeks of working out/dieting, it may have been mostly water weight. Did you have any super high sodium food/alcohol this week? You may be retaining weight. It's also possible you don't have enough of a deficit built in. It's also possible you lost 2 lbs or fat and replaced it with muscle this week. It's really hard to say because 2 weeks isn't a trend. Two weeks isn't even a habit. Two weeks is a blip. Keep at your goals and look at the bigger picture--- weight loss at 1 month, inches lost at 1 month, energy levels at 1 month.. and then 2 months.. and then 3...
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    you know the plan works

you know when your following the plan and when your not.

the mirror will tell you when you make real progress.

the scale exists only to lie to you and frustrate you. missleading data
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    missleading data ESPECIALLY if your weight week to week. much worse if you did it day to day tho