Too much coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• jessica51202
    jessica51202 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    And I thought I was bad at 3-4 cups a day lol I just dont feel there is a such thing as too much coffee :)
  • django_girl
    django_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of green tea and herbal tea too, as an attempt to drink less coffee.
  • django_girl
    Options
    I am not sure if I have a problem. I hope not.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    This is like asking:
    Too much sex?
    Too fit?
    Too much money?
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You asked it like a question? There's never too much coffee! :)

I don't think I drink quite as much as you, but fairly close. I do love coffee.

There were a few posts on here about getting enough water. Not to dismiss their concern entirely, but the water in your coffee does indeed count. Caffeine itself is only a mild diuretic, but that effect increases with the dosage. The net effect of drinking coffee is hydration. If you have any doubts, you can usually tell if you're getting enough water by the color of your urine.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I drink a couple of cups everyday. I'd rather saw off my own arm then give up my coffee. :drinker:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post this. It's 4:15pm here and I just went to get myself a cup of coffee. If I were smart, I would have made decaf. But I'm not and I will sleep like poo tonight as a result.

I drink a crap ton of coffee. Probably 6 cups or so in the morning and one or two in the afternoon. Some afternoons I just drink tea or Diet Coke instead.

But coffee is totally an appetite suppressant - which is why I got myself some now :)

I would likely try to jump out of my office window if I didn't have coffee. I'm not sure you can ever have too much of it. Moderate amounts of coffee are also very good for health!

Drink on!!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I drink at least 1 liter of water a day. I should be fine then.

A liter of water a day is well below what you should be drinking, even without the coffee! Maybe try to get yourself to drink a cup of water between cups of coffee to up your water intake. A lot of daytime fatigue is due to dehydration anyway, so it can only help.
    Coffee hydrates folks just fine; studies show the dehydration effect of the caffeine is minimal on anyone with any sort of built-up tolerance.
  • django_girl
    Options
    We'll, it's 9pm here and I won't have another one - I won't be able to sleep if I did.

Looks like coffee is just fine and I am not even drinking that much in comparison.
    Funny you should post this. It's 4:15pm here and I just went to get myself a cup of coffee. If I were smart, I would have made decaf. But I'm not and I will sleep like poo tonight as a result.

I drink a crap ton of coffee. Probably 6 cups or so in the morning and one or two in the afternoon. Some afternoons I just drink tea or Diet Coke instead.

But coffee is totally an appetite suppressant - which is why I got myself some now :)

I would likely try to jump out of my office window if I didn't have coffee. I'm not sure you can ever have too much of it. Moderate amounts of coffee are also very good for health!

Drink on!!
  • django_girl
    Options
    I think I drink enough water, coffee and tea all together.
    You asked it like a question? There's never too much coffee! :)

I don't think I drink quite as much as you, but fairly close. I do love coffee.

There were a few posts on here about getting enough water. Not to dismiss their concern entirely, but the water in your coffee does indeed count. Caffeine itself is only a mild diuretic, but that effect increases with the dosage. The net effect of drinking coffee is hydration. If you have any doubts, you can usually tell if you're getting enough water by the color of your urine.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    No such thing.

I drink coffee by the POT, from 7am-10pm.
    Generally at least 1-2 teas a day.

Espresso? At minimum it's a quad shot of white coffee (more caffeine than regular).

Pre-workout drinks (300mg of caffeine)

Yum.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Death before decaf!!!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I used to drink allot of coffee, until my doctor told me I was dehydrated
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I think I drink enough water, coffee and tea all together.
    When do you drink water, when your drinking coffee all the time?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Death before decaf!!!

there is a time and place for decafe...;

and it's 'never'. and 'in the trash'

:laugh: