6LB boneless skinless chicken breast?

Options
AsaThorsWoman
AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
I currently have 6LB boneless skinless chicken breast sitting in my refrigerator with a destiny to be my dinner tonight.

I know it will wind up on my plate, but what will it become in it's transformation process?

Any ideas?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Cube it up, cook it with a tiny bit of olive oil in a pan, and cook it with cayenne, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Perfect spicy chicken for a wrap!

Or, marinate it in Italian dressing, nom nom nom.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    i feel less manly now knowing you have three times as much chicken as me...
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Some chicken for sure! Maybe marinate it in a mix of balsamic vinegar with a bit of olive oil, soy sauce various spices, maybe even some pinapple for several hours to make sure it's moist.
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just made chicken breast for lunch and marinated it overnight (the time doesn't really matter) with Olive Garden Italian dressing (any Italian dressing is fine) then sprinkled on A.1. Bold Original seasoning, and then baked it on 350 for 1 hour. Every 15 minutes i took it out and spooned the juices over it so it was nice and tender.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    If you like Moroccan spices, give this one a try (with or without the squash):

Ingredients
    4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon allspice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne
    1 lemon
    4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 small onion, thinly sliced
    3/4 pound summer squash, thinly sliced crosswise
    1/3 cup pitted green olives
    2 tablespoons water
    2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Instructions
    Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/4" thick.

In a small bowl, mix together cumin, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, allspice, salt, and cayenne. Finely grate zest from lemon into spice mixture. Squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from lemon and add to spice mixture. Add 3 teaspoons of the oil to spice mixture and stir to combine. Spread mixture on both sides of chicken breasts.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning, until blackened on the outside and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.

Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet and return to medium-high heat. Add onion slices and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and scraping up any browned bits, 3 minutes. Add squash, olives, and 2 tablespoons water. Season lightly with additional salt and pepper; stir well. Cover and cook until squash is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Squeeze a little more lemon juice over chicken and vegetables, sprinkle with parsley, and serve warm.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    How funny. I'm over here looking for a chicken recipe and find my own thread.

I've got a new package of 6lb of boneless skinless chicken breast!

LOL!

:D
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I say roast it with lemon and garlic.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha! (*)
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    We are having Mexican Chicken tomorrow night... throw into crockpot 3 chicken breasts, 1 jar salsa (medium or hot), one can black beans, and equal amount of frozen corn. Cook, then shred chicken and return to crock. Serve over rice, or riced cauliflower, with optional sour cream and grated cheese for toppings. Leftovers can be served in a tortilla with cilantro. serves 4, if you want to serve more, or plan for leftovers like we do, double at will :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just baked up a 5lb package of breasts tonight! I brush them with olive oil and give them a sprinkle of adobo spices. Classic and tasty!