In Search of a Safe Cleanse

I am looking for a nice safe cleanse that only lasts a week at most. I eat pretty good as it is but want to clean everything out about every other month. Any suggestions? TYI

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Suggestion: Don't waste your time and money. Cleanses don't do anything. Your kidneys and liver do a good job of cleaning everything out on a daily basis.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    yea - piss, poop, and sweat more....

your body already naturally detoxes itself..there is no need for a cleanse every month...
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Sounds like a bad idea. Better to eat healthily regularly than to do a pointless "cleanse"
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    NO
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    I am looking for a nice safe cleanse that only lasts a week at most. I eat pretty good as it is but want to clean everything out about every other month. Any suggestions? TYI

Clean out what exactly? Why every other month? Why a cleanse that lasts a week?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

Dialysis! Won't even take a full day
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Warm water and soap. Repeat daily. ...twice or more if you're too sweaty, too stinky, or attract flies.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    You're going to have to be more specific about what you're trying to "clean out" every month. If it's "toxins" or "chemicals", then no. No one hear can recommend something that can remove those. If your body isn't already detoxifying itself then you need to seek medical attention.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    I've been using vinegar and baking soda. It foams up like scrubbing bubbles, and it works pretty well at taking out the bathtub ring.

It's also very safe for the pipes.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    30 day gelato cleanse
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    30 day gelato cleanse

+1
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Shower, using soap. :bigsmile:
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Shower, using soap. :bigsmile:

Not just any soap though, it has to be "healthy" soap.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member

Drano.

Coupon-for-5.jpeg

Oh... I thought we were talking about pipes. But now I see that this is just another silly cleanse thread.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member
    E-coli
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    You could try this also, Taco Bell, they have 1.00 menu. They make for great cleanse and sometimes for days!!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Well, if all a cleanse does is make you pee, poop and sweat more, then just do that. Those things are how your body cleanses itself.

Here's what you do:
    - Drink a ton of water and unsweetened tea. Drink 12-14 glasses a day.
    - Get a TON of fiber. Double what you were taking in before. Snack all day on raw, fibrous vegetables.
    - Exfoliate. Make yourself some kind of scrub (salt, sugar and coffee grinds all work well mixed with a little oil or something) and scrub that outer layer of skin off. Ta-da! Cleansed.
    - Spend a half hour in a steam room or even a steamy bathroom with the shower running. Do that every day for the week.
    - Alternatively, or in addition to steaming, do cardio in a warm room or outside in the heat. Get your sweat on.

Those are... pretty much the only ways to "cleanse" yourself that I can think of.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Bacon Cleanse
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Cleanses only cleanse dollars from your wallet.
    You want a cheap cleanse? Drink more water.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Send me $200.

Eat normally at a calorie deficit (if trying to lose weight) and at a calorie surplus (if trying to gain weight).

You will feel great at the end of the week (assuming you stuck to your $200 plan)...

...and I will feel great when I spend your $200 on some more bumper plates for my gym or some rubber flooring.

Win win.