Four Months Later . . with pictures :)

Options
f3c8f1a6-96f9-4edc-b935-bd5045fea0c7_zps6125c048.jpg

Looking for people to connect with and motivate eachother / connect with. (girls&guys)
I'm 21 years old and live in Ontario, Canada.

I began my weight-loss journey in December 2013, I had horrible eating habits, rarely exercised and wasn't comfortable in my own skin, I wasn't happy with myself I hated summer because I had to wear less clothing and if I had to go to the beach I'd wear long pants and a baggy shirt.
I use to be very active throughout highschool and college (playing travel Ice Hockey, Soccer, Snowboarding, Swimming and Dance)
In December 2013 I decided it was time to change the way I felt about myself and time to start getting in shape. This is just my progress to this date, I am still going ;)

My start weight was 195 LBS, that's only 5 LBS from being to 200 (First Picture). Which I thought was scary, how did I let myself even get that close.
Now (March 27th 2014) I weigh 167 LBS (Last Picture). I have never been so happy to see the scale show a number under 170 LBS.

Throughout this Journey I did Insanity which was what made the most weight come off and also followed the weight watchers program. I got back into snowboarding and walk 3KM twice a day.

I am starting my second journey to try and each my goal of 150 LBS if not under.
I am seeing if there is anyone who was interested in connecting and motivating each other, sometimes I feel like giving up or want to eat things that aren't good for you, so just looking for people to motivate me as well. :)
We can swap different workouts, recipes, progress pictures. etc
Send me a friend request :)

I had a hard time starting my first journey and it's really hard to stay motivated at times, but having made it through it and feeling better about myself I suggest everyone to just push through it, it's nice to have people to talk to when you're going through your own journey, people who have gone through the same thing.

Replies

• lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! You've done such a good job, thanks for sharing!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    congratulations. 165 looks amazing on you!
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Can I ask you what your height is? Our start weights and goal weights are almost exact! I am 5'2 :)
  • lifegoeson25
    lifegoeson25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you have done great so far and it sounds like you are motivated enough to keep it going. I’d show you my photos but I don’t have a wide angle lens so I couldn’t take any starting point photos.
    I started my journey last spring at around 240+ and got down to 210-215 when the holidays hit I went off like the Taz and I guess I was eating everything in sight. When I got back in town I know I was around 225, about a week later (6 Jan) I started using MFP and changed from doing heavy lifting to HIIT, and now I’m closing in on 200 which is still 25 pounds off my target. I feel the food log has made the biggest difference for me.
    If you’d like to add me to your support team please feel free to do so but be forward I do call people out when it’s called for but in a nice way (the first time). I also expect to be called out when I slip, although I do allow myself the occasional cheat day but never more than once a week.
    Either way, I wish you the best of luck with you goals, just remember to always stay positive and surround yourself with positive people.
    Never give up, never surrender! ;-)
    V/r,
    DW
  • caitlynforkz
    Options
    Awe thanks everyone!!
    It feels amazing and MFP really helped a lot :)
    Still need motivation for the second journey - so anyone feel free to add me and we can converse / connect and motivate each-other.

We can do this :)
  • caitlynforkz
    Options
    Amazing! Can I ask you what your height is? Our start weights and goal weights are almost exact! I am 5'2 :)

My height is 5'5 :)
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!!!! I'm in Ontario too :)
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    we have the same body type exactly. definite motivator. :)
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • JMann191
    JMann191 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    very nice
  • caitlynforkz
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's nice to see hard work paying off, which is why I highly suggest taking progress pictures :)
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress, I'm now at 204 and needed this for additional motivation. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!