Introductions

Options
I am not new to weight loss. About 7 years ago I lost more than 100 lbs. Then, a new relationship came along and so did the extra pounds. I didn't even notice it slowly creeping up on me. Now I'm 55 lbs heavier again. I worked out here and there but my eating habits started to match those of my boyfriend and thats when the scale started going up. I recently realized how out of control my habits have gotten and decided I need to do something about for good this time and I need all the support I can get! I have always been chubby but the pounds started packing on when I lost my dad when I was 16, then my mom at 18. There were 49 and 47 when they passed away and I want to lose all of this extra weight so I can live a much longer life than they got a chance to. I really started working out and monitoring my diet about 3 weeks ago and am now down 15 lbs.

Replies

• amscobra
    Options
    Good for you for knowing you need to get back on track. Focus on today and the rest will follow. You obviously know what it takes to get the weight off, so just keep doing what your doing. Gladly add me as a friend, I'm always looking for more support as well.
  • naughtynikkie
    naughtynikkie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you..like you said, I know what to do to lose the weight, it's just the motivation thats lacking sometimes! :laugh:
  • amscobra
    Options
    Some days will be harder than others, but you need to push through and remind yourself why your doing it. I have a list that goes on an on, about why I am doing what I'm doing LOL. You can do it, WE can do it. :-D
  • naughtynikkie
    naughtynikkie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes! We can do it! Every time I don't want to work out or when I want to eat something bad,I think 'and where has that gotten me?' lol I have a whole big list of reasons too and those usually out-weigh the thought of oh so yummy but bad food..hehe
  • andeeinevansville
    Options
    Hi! You can do it....You've done it once before...I hope you find all the support and motivation you need to succeed!
    Add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    So glad you are starting here at MFP. This is the best site and it really works! You van add me as a friend if you'd like. You're on your way!