to weigh or not to weigh

jcmc99
jcmc99 Posts: 27
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I had decided that I wanted to b e healthy. Not shooting for a certain number to see on my scale, just be healthy. I have a history of obsessing over the number issues. I had decided that I would only get weighed every month when I see my dr. That was fine for the first two months. Now I am starting to feel like i am not loosing weight and am getting discouraged. Should I start weighing myself at home? Or should I keep with the "healthy" aspect and stay strong. Just looking for some oppinions. Thank you!

Replies

• willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    I think you should atleast weigh yourself either once a week or every 2 weeks. That way you can have a good idea when adjustments may need to be made to your eating or exercise.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I couldnt bear to weight once a month. I think thats far too long to wait for any adjustments you may need to make to your diet/exercise.

I dont see what's UNhealthy about weighing more than that ?

But then again, I weigh daily, so some people would say that's obsessive! :laugh: Personally, I find weighing daily gives me a very accurate knowledge of how my body works. Like i know if I eat at a restaurant and put on 2lbs the next day, its becasue of all the hidden sodium in that meal.

It's entirely up to you and how you feel. It's your body and mind hun. Whatever works for you! :bigsmile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.