Short Overweight Woman- Need help finding jeans!

Options
hello all!!

I am in desperate need of help finding some good fitting jeans. I am 5'1 and about 175 pounds. I am short enough that when I was smaller, I always bought the l.e.i. brand jeans in the "short" lengths and a size 9-11. Obviously, I have not grown at all except for my stomach =( So now the jeans I buy I have to get in such large sizes for my stomach that they are way too big in the butt and the legs. I do not have a tape measurer with me at the moment but i think my waist is at somewhere around 40 inches?
Any ladies out there have a good suggestion for jeans that might fit my body? Still hanging onto my junior size 9's though because I WILL be able to wear them again!

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'6 overweight woman and I have never been able to find jeans since I hit about 200-220 in terms of weight. Either the waist is crazy loose or I can't fit them over my bum.

I too would love to hear of some miracle store /:

Will read later.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 too and have always had trouble finding jeans. My tummy made it impossible to find any that were short enough for me. :( At Dillard's and Belk, other department stores etc, sometimes their jeans are labeled "short." But many times I've had to take mine to get them hemmed or else they drag under my feet. The struggle is real!
  • superkt
    superkt Posts: 12
    Options
    good luck :P
    i'm in the same position except i'm 5'3" on a good day! i've had a decent amount of luck with MUDD brand jeans from Kohls.

it's funny...when i was thinner, i had the opposite issue -- tight in the butt and smaller in the waist! and of course i still hang on to those jeans as well :)
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Good luck - I have been blessed by being short with a big butt and hips - and smaller waist. Doesn't matter what I've weighed (117 or 153) they are always too big in my waist by the time I get them over my butt and hips.

Best brand I got by with for years was Lee Riders - However, they have changed the cut on those too!

And forget length - I just have to hem them!
  • Sptfrgrl17
    Options
    I have heard that old navy has some good ones? any one had any experience with old navy jeans?
  • superkt
    Options
    Old Navy NEVER works for me. their jeans offer zero stretch but seem to loosen immensely throughout the day while i'm wearing them to the point where they want to slide down. i always have the issue of them being too loose everywhere except the waist. i've tried all of their different "fits" :( i gave up on them for jeans.
  • Sptfrgrl17
    Options
    hahaha ok! good to know...so probably not the best...
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Old Navy NEVER works for me. their jeans offer zero stretch but seem to loosen immensely throughout the day while i'm wearing them to the point where they want to slide down. i always have the issue of them being too loose everywhere except the waist. i've tried all of their different "fits" :( i gave up on them for jeans.

True.
    When I got down to a semi-normal size I got all my jeans from go-jane. They're very thin, more like jeggings, but soooo comfortable and stretchy. Skinny jeans, though, so if that's not your style it may not work for you. I love the high-waisted ones.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have a HORRIBLE time with jeans.... My hips are larger than my waist and my thighs are large and I'm
    short....

I found the BEST jeans ever at Torrid! They fit amazing and are the perfect length.sadly I got them in Colorado and we don't have a Torrid anywhere near here yet.... But we will have one next month about an hour away and I WILL get a smaller pair since mine are too big now.
  • sarabee0405
    sarabee0405 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like the denizen brand from Target. They come in a few different styles with "essential stretch"
  • Sptfrgrl17
    Options
    ill have to google those...
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    try lane bryant.
  • superkt
    Options
    But we will have one next month about an hour away and I WILL get a smaller pair since mine are too big now.

what a terrible problem to have! :)
  • ALNoog
    Options
    Oh and to add.... I am 263 and was around 289 when I bought them.
    And I am about 5'4" and a half-ish.. Very wide hips. Big booty. Thick thighs. These are snug but stretchy too and they don't "grow" as you wear them... Like Lane Bryant jeans.
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've had really good luck with Coldwater Creek jeans (wait for the big seasonal sales) and getting the ones that sit AT the waist rather than those hip-level ones.
  • ALNoog
    Options
    But we will have one next month about an hour away and I WILL get a smaller pair since mine are too big now.

what a terrible problem to have! :)

:) last time I lost 89 pounds and only went from a 22 to an 18 in some jeans... So this time around I am glad to see me actually shedding sizes.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3" and have always had the same problem. I started buying "skinny" jeans so now I never have to hem and they fit tighter but have stretch so they seem to fit all my parts properly. I have bought the last few pairs from Old Navy and love them!
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My favorite jeans are currently from Lane Bryant. They're expensive, but they have 50% off sales about once every couple months, so they aren't too bad then. There's a 50% off sale going on now online, in fact, with the promo code "FLOWERSLB"
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have had luck with Silver jeans. Though it is touch to find the plus sizes and they are expensive (I am cheap)!
    Old navy are okay but a little saggy in the crotch from me.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I found that Lee and Levi brands in Petites fit well. The length is perfect too. Since I lost weight I have not had to hem a pair of jeans. They carry petites at Kohls in their petites department.

P.S. I am 5'2-3/4"