Favorite "healthy" thing to order at a Fast Food Restaurant?

Options

Replies

• rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Grill'd burgers... any and all of them. No chips.
    Thai beef salad
    Steamed dumplings
    Pho - OMG its a bowl of wonderful!

Failing all that .. subway, but would prefer not to.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Chikfila Cobb salad with avocado lime ranch dressing.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Wendy's : 3/4 pounder beef and cheese no bun
  • BriTyler3
    BriTyler3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't eat healthy when I buy fast food. I just don't eat fast food often.

If you're gonna do it, DO IT.
    I like the way you think!:laugh:

Ditto!
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    EvenThatNameIsTaken Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I had a whopper with fries today. I also went over my calories today. ;)

Wendy's has some go wraps that are pretty decent, Taco Bell 3 crunchy tacos is like 500 cals.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Large pizza, burger or chicken madras. Yum...
  • romsmom101
    Options
    not sure there is a "healthy" option

if i was doing fast food it would have to be a mcdonalds quarter pounder cheese meal with a milk shake
  • Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's healthy XD but I LOVE sweet and sour tofu with mixed veg (from a chinese, they call tofu bean curd sometimes fyi)
    seriously epic.
  • Taoholic
    Taoholic Posts: 2
    Options
    there is no such thing as healthy food in a fast food lol
  • Super_Amy
    Super_Amy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't eat healthy when I buy fast food. I just don't eat fast food often.

If you're gonna do it, DO IT.

What he said.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    So, OP..... inquiring minds wanna know...... What did you get?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Wendy's has a new salad that is super good...Asian Cashew Chicken. It has spinach, lettuce, edamame, arugula, red pepper and of course chicken and cashews. The full size is huge and 380 cal including 2 dressing packets.

I usually go with their baked potato but that salad was awesome.

Most of the time when I get fast food though, it is more traditional stuff like a burger from Steak N' Shake...yum. I just don't get the fries, shake, etc.

I had not been to Hardee's in many years but my husband and I REALLY liked their fish sandwich a few weeks ago and it's around 400 calories. It is not fried.

My 'fast-ish food' go-to is a steak burrito bowl from Chipotle or Moe's, though.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as healthy food in a fast food lol

You can get oatmeal and apples in a fast food restaurant.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Three taco surpemes at Taco Bell. Hey, it's only about 600 calories. Some days I even get a 4th!!! *gasp*
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Does McDonalds still have the fruit and walnut salad? That was pretty good. Their parfaits are YUM as well. I steer clear of fast food when I'm being strict during the week, but if I were to have to get lunch out, I'd probably get the McDonalds grilled chicken club sandwich with no mayo, no fries, and a parfait with a bottle of water. That's about 650 calories total - more than I aim for at lunch, but my regular double quarter pounder with cheese and medium fry is about 1130 calories. Yikes!

Chick-fil-A's chicken nuggets are really good as well, and not too terribly high in calories. If I were to go there, I'd get an 8 piece nugget with a fruit cup and a bowl of their chicken soup. That's 515 calories (and 39 g of protein!). I had no clue until now that the nuggets were only 270 calories for 8 - not too shabby! Over 1000 mg of sodium though.

Taco Bell has some low-ish calorie options too, but I can't go there and not get my 5-layer burrito and hard shell taco, so I'd probably have to skip it altogether.

I don't do fast food salads.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I would say...

1) McDonald's - Southwest salad with grilled chicken.
    2) McDonald's - Grilled McWrap Sweet Chili
    3) Wendy's - meal with grilled chicken sandwich and chili
    4) Subway - a lot of decent options.. I like 6" flatbread + eggwhites + ham or chicken.
    5) New salads at Wendy's sound good.. some kind of Asian chicken one is good according to a friend. I have not tried it yet though.

I honestly prefer most of these to the "unhealthy" meals at the fast food places. Options 1) and 2) really do have good flavor, imo.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My go-tos are Subway, a large chili from Wendy's or two fresco soft shell tacos from Taco Bell. Some places have decent salads too. It just seems that salads get changed up a lot at fast food places, so I can't keep track of what's current. Culver's has a chicken salad of some sort that is good, if you live somewhere that has Culver's.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Have to get something quick tonight unfortunately, what's your favorite thing to get? :tongue:

I don't know that it's particularly HEALTHY, but I love the Wendy's chive baked potato with a Wendy's small chili + cheese poured over it. I can usually squeeze it into my macros (except sodium). If I have to plan an outing to fast food I usually vote Wendy's so I can get that.

(I just toss out the sour cream tube or save it for something else later).
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Panera's chicken noodle soup :) It's like 120cal for a bowl, and it's filling and delicious.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    For me it would be a veggie sub at Subways, no dressing. At McDo it is usually a Jr burger, side salad and a coffee (or 2 :laugh: )

or...if you have Tim Horton's....soup with a small bun there!