Question for the lady runners

Options
Hi ladies,
I have been running now for a few months. I have been very happy with my progress, especially recently. I went from struggling to complete a mile, to running about 2.5 miles a day. I do about a 10 minute mile now on a trail with a few inclines & hills. This week I have been struggling to get thru my run. I thought maybe it was the humidity yesterday, but today it's not humid & I feel beat by the end of my run. I was doing an extra lap around my block (because I have been increasing my speed & getting back home rather quickly) but the past few days I have not had it in me. I am not getting that adrenaline rush or that "magic" that used to happen to me after mile 1. It is getting near TOM & I am retaining some water... Does this effect my running ability? Or should I push myself harder and start increasing my miles to try to get to the point where it gets easier? I don't know what happens at mile 1, but it usually gets easier at that point until recenty... So should I increase my distance with the idea that Maybe at mile 3 it will be easier? I am feeling down on myself; last week I was floating on air running the trails... This week it's a dread.

Replies

• Sara2525
    Sara2525 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should change your route. A change in scenery could be what you need to get back in the spirit. There are days that I have to force myself to go run but while I'm doing it and when I'm finished, I'm always glad I did. For me, the running always gets easier after the first mile and I typically sale through the second and third. It's the fourth that gets me! Try setting some goals for yourself and stick with it!