Fruit Smoothie for Dinner

Options
Just today someone told me that the fruit smoothie I am eating for dinner is not such a good idea. I make a smoothie with greek yogurt, chia seeds, kale or spinach as available, pineapple and a banana and a sprig of ginger. He said it was not good to have sugar at night. I usually have this smoothie by 6:30 PM. Any insights?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Just today someone told me that the fruit smoothie I am eating for dinner is not such a good idea. I make a smoothie with greek yogurt, chia seeds, kale or spinach as available, pineapple and a banana and a sprig of ginger. He said it was not good to have sugar at night. I usually have this smoothie by 6:30 PM. Any insights?

He isn't very smart, ignore him
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    A lot of simple sugars near bedtime will cause me to wake up really dizzy and weak (low blood sugar from the insulin spike, I guess). Never had that problem with fruit, 'tho. Doubt I'd have any problem with the smoothie you're eating -- sounds pretty yummy to me.

I assume it depends on the person. If you're not feeling any adverse effects, then roll with it.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options

He is incorrect... enjoy your smoothie.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    I assume it depends on the person. If you're not feeling any adverse effects, then roll with it.

Absolutely...
  • monaco9
    monaco9 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks guys! I was a bit bummed when I was told that having that smoothie for dinner was a bad idea... I am glad I was not doing anything wrong and can continue with my yummy smoothie. :)