Healthy Alternatives

Options
Hey all. I was wondering what everyone did for healtheir snack options. Say if you're craving salts, sweets, or chocolates.

Replies

• jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A lot of berries are sweet. As for chocolate, switch to dark chocolate. You don't have to go super dark to where it tastes bad, just darken it up a little bit. I don't like salt, not because of health or anything, I just don't enjoy the flavor, so I can't help you with that one.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Do you mean healthier or lower calorie? D:
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    Bananas are excellent for sugar cravings! :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I like my greek yogurt with fruit...but I make my chocolate fit...if I am craving salt..crackers with cheese...
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    If you're craving something have a little bit of it. If you still want more half an hour later then have more. I find spacing it out like this helps me distinguish a real craving from an emotional/binge desire.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Salt: kale chips
    Sweet: clementines
    Chocolate: chocolate! I go for as dark as I can stand. About 87-90% cacao
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites are:

Salty/crunchy
    Air popped popcorn
    Seasoned roasted chickpeas
    Dill pickles
    Cut up vegetables with hummus

Sweet
    Greek yogurt with a bit of granola
    A Ghiridelli dark chocolate square
    (That's all I've got, because if I'm really wanting ice cream, nothing else will do.)

Oh, well, one more... I tried making brownies out of black beans, and they were REALLY good--moist and dense and rich. They lasted about 10 minutes once my kids got into them.