I need recipes with eggs....

Options
pandagirl813
pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
Ok, so my dad has a friend that lives on a farm. Long story short, he came back with eggs and lots of them. 12 dozen to be precise, and that's 144 eggs!!!!!! When i eat eggs by themselves i always scramble them cause the taste of the yolk makes me gag. I need some ideas on how to prepare them, the more the merrier. Oh, and i also live in a household of 5.

Replies

• S_Murphree
    Options
    My all time favorite is a frittata. You beat eggs. Mix in any ingredients you like (ham, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, low fat cheese). Whatever you like. Spray skillet with nonstick spray. Pour in eggs. Let set for a minute or so and finish in a 350 oven until set complete. Slice and serve.

Omelets are great.

Egg salad using light mayo.

Deviled eggs using low fat mayo, spicy brown mustard, little relish.

Oh and huevos rancheros which is basically a corn torilla fried (I don't fry. I spray with nonstick spray and brown in oven). Then top with refried beans, lowfat cheese, sunny side egg or poached would work and a little salsa.

Some suggestions. Good luck.
  • pandagirl813
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    There is a crust less quiche recipe that is done with bisquick. You wish the eggs ,veggies and bisquick together and pour into a greased baking dish. My mom made this often when we were kids. She made hers in rectangle dishes and cut the quiche into portable squares. Just google bisquick quiche.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    You can also google breakfast casserole or breakfast muffins. Tons of recipes. I think the one we used is so ham and cheese breakfast bake. Uses lots of eggs then you can bake and freeze individual servings for later...hope this helps. I love also pickled eggs.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I love quiche and frittata, similar to those is a strata. You can make it like breakfast or like dinner. It usually has bread that is soaked in it over night or during the day. My aunt used to make one for Christmas morning, usually there were about 15-20 of us. Yumm.
    My all time favorite thing to do with eggs is a burrito. Eggs, peppers, potato (or omit if you no like), anything you like, wrapped up with salsa on top. I enjoy salsa verde, but any kind does the trick.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    So, I made this the other day and I'm addicted now.

Boiled up some baby reds, sauteed them up with some kale, garlic powder, little salt & black pepper and olive oil. Mixed in scrambled eggs. Nom nom:love: Easy & delicious.
  • funkygas
    funkygas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Baked goods - cookies, cakes, etc!

I have no problem going through eggs ... I bake a lot, though!
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/spaghetti-alla-carbonara-recipe.html

There will be no more eggs to worry about.

I found this just now and it looks really good:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipes/breakfast-and-brunch/egg-recipes/main.aspx?Page=2#recipes

There's some other eggs my friend used to eat a lot, it's like Greek eggs or something? Basically tomatos, scrambled eggs and feta cheese.
  • pandagirl813
    Options
    You can also google breakfast casserole or breakfast muffins. Tons of recipes. I think the one we used is so ham and cheese breakfast bake. Uses lots of eggs then you can bake and freeze individual servings for later...hope this helps. I love also pickled eggs.

I did something like that this morning and the main ingredients being sausage, eggs, milk and ripped up biscuits. Also i love your dogs! I have 2 female German shepherds of my own.