How should I enter my weight?

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day. Due to a, shall we say, forced extreme reduction in caloric intake, aka the flu, I'm down about 3 pounds in the last 3 days. I know that this is not a true weight and will go up once I'm able to eat normally again, so what do I enter tomorrow? My weight as it is and just realize that it will go up the following week? Or somehow compensate for the illness?

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    I don't think there's a way to accurately compensate for the illness. You could enter last week's weight and then see what happens next week. You could skip this week altogether. You could log it and then adjust next week.

It's really all up to you. The weighing and logging is just for you.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    just not weigh in tomorrow?
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    I'd just skip logging your weight this week.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    yup skip this week and wait until next week - you might even be surprised if you wait :flowerforyou:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Or just enter what you see and be prepared for it to maybe rise or stay the same next week? It won't be the only blip on your graph over a longer time.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    i tend to only record loses personally. I know that there are up's and down's but I prefer to just chart the down's lol!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    i tend to only record loses personally. I know that there are up's and down's but I prefer to just chart the down's lol!!

I am kind of like this except when I know the "gains" are real such as over the Holidays where I planned to eat at maintenance and sometimes went over and the 10 day holiday I took in February where I didn't track and drank most of my calories.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    How do you know it isn't a true loss (even if caused by the illness). Your body still needs calories even while you are laid up in bed and if you didn't eat for 3 days, it has to get those from somewhere. [Not that I recommend not eating for 3 days if at all possible. Sometimes it just can't be helped though.]

I'd say log it, but remember that what is important is the long term trend, not one single measurement.