Your MUST HAVE food staples?

Options
Hey guys, I was just curious to what food staples you have in your diet
Doesn't matter if it's healthy or not healthy, but just something(s) you must have in your diet or favorite foods you eat often

Mine are tangerines, white potatoes, and salted pistachios :love: yummm
I can live off just these.....

Replies

• mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    From the looks of my diary, PB2 which is a lower fat/calorie powdered peanut butter substitute, eggs, almond milk, and lots of veggies--frozen or fresh.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Eggs! I eat them anyway you can cook them, 70 cals each and they keep me full for at least 3 hours. Frozen fish is another must, on days I have alcohol I make sure my lunch is lite with just fish and veggies. :drinker: and celery, because I can put anything with it and make it good, pimento and cheese, peanut butter, tuna salad it really is endless Oh I cant forget frozen shrimp!!
  • tgmichelleee
    tgmichelleee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    From the looks of my diary, PB2 which is a lower fat/calorie powdered peanut butter substitute, eggs, almond milk, and lots of veggies--frozen or fresh.

A lot of people have been talking about PB2 and how good it tastes, need to try some soon
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, and yellow onions are the bare minimum for my vegetables. I use tons of them all the time in every meal and two fridge drawers full of vegetables are necessary at all times. I also need frozen fish or shrimp/calamari/octopus, eggs, almond milk, light goat's cheese, quinoa, and lentils or beans.

I like condiments too, so must-haves are mustard, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, hot sauce, and herbs in a tube (Italian, basil, cilantro, lemongrass...)
  • mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    I have to admit, I don't use it as a spread. You can add water to it and make it on a sandwich or whatever, but I like putting it in my protein shakes. It mixes well.

PS: You can get it at Whole Foods or EarthFare in NC
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Eggs :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    It changes a lot but currently.......

Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt

Strawberries or blueberries

Apples

Coffee

Half and half

Natural Peanut Butter

Popcorn

Cottage Cheese

90% Chocolate

Joseph's Flax and Oat wraps

Edited to add.....vodka and olives.......:laugh:
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Coffee, Eggs, Chicken, Hummus, Almonds, Cheese, Milk and Peanut Butter......I pretty much eat most of these every day in some form.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Eggs, hot sauce, Fage greek yogurt, lots of fruit and veggies, and vodka. :drinker:
  • subjecttwo
    subjecttwo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts, deli chicken breast, raspberries, and of course coffee! If I didn't have chicken I'd have to seriously reconsider my entire diet. For sweets other than raspberries I've been eating Jolly Ranchers every day
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Oat So Simple made with skimmed milk (Golden Syrup and Apple & Blueberry flavour)

70% (or higher) cocoa dark chocolate

Bananas

0% fat Actimel yogurt drink

I have all of the above every day.... Banana and Actimel for breakfast every morning before the gym; Oat So Simple usually after the gym and the dark chocolate at any point I feel I need chocolate, I have a chunk every day as a way of reducing my cravings for sweet stuff....
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Apples, peanuts, yogurt, eggs, broccoli, oatmeal, strawberries. I always have those on hand :smile:
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    CHEESE
    I tried being vegan, it lasted a week because vegan cheese does not cut it. So I switched to vegetarian

Salsa
    Avocado
    Pita
    Hummus
    Honey Mustard
    Vegetarian chicken- generally made from chick peas and so good.
    Veggie burgers (so much more common in restaurants now, so at least I usually have that option when I am out.)
    Fruit snacks of some kind
    Protein bars, usually quest bars but I am out until I can get to GNC tomorrow
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Pizza, chinese food, spaghetti with homemade meat sauce, sparkling spring water. I
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Eggs! Love em.
    Almond milk
    Full fat cows milk
    Broccoli
    5% extra lean beef mince
    30% lighter cheddar
    Mayonnaise
    Coffee
    These are the foods I always have in my fridge.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    String cheese (discovered I was out of them this evening when I went to have one. Sad me.)
    Porridge oats
    Fat-free milk
    Ice cream of some sort
    Raspberries, grapes, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries
    Crackerbread
  • theislander010
    Options
    Fat free greek yoghurt with cinnamon added
    organic gala apples (they HAVE to be organic... normal ones just don't taste as nice lol)
    ready packed chicken (chargrilled, mexican style, tomato and basil ect) easy protein!
    iceberg lettuce
    quorn products
    muller light yoghurts
    organic carrots
    ready made salads (i lead a hectic lifestyle lol)
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is all I can think of right now.
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    Bananas
    Multi grain or honey nut cheerios, I like to eat them dry in the evening while watching tv. Some bad habits never die, they just change
    Coffee
    Strawberries
    soup, I make my own. I have 4 recipes that I cycle through.
  • Egg Whites
    Salsa
    Asian Chopped Salad
    Grilled Chicken
    Baked Lays
    Baked Lays
    Baked Lays
    Cheese
    Cheese
    Cheese
    Diet Mountain Dew
    50 calorie per serving OJ
    Tilapia
    Sweet Potatoes
    Good ole Boar's Head 3 pepper cheese (From Kroger, amazeballs)
    Jalapeno Cheese Omelette Bread (From Market Street, amazeballs! )