Do you count Yoga??

Options
I hate working out!! I do however loooooove yoga! :heart: :love: Try to fit it in everyday. I feel like it's not a huge calorie burner though.. do you guys count it in your exercise diary?

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I do yoga on the Wii Fit and I count it. I also do cardio prior to up the calorie burn.
  • luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I do a 75 minute Vinyasa yoga class twice a week. I log my yoga classes. I don't know about you, but I work hard when I do yoga. No, it's not much calories, but I get a good sweat on. I only count 60 minutes of it because I tend to cheat. hahah!!
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I count it! I use an app called Yoga Studio that use maybe once or twice a week, and MFP tells me I burn about 240 calories for 60 minutes. I walk and do other things for exercise too, so it hasn't been my only form of exercise. Every calorie I burn gets counted, lol.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Uh, YEAH! I'd recommend using a HRM if you're not already. I can burn decent calories doing yoga.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I definitely count yoga, though I err on the conservative side because the physical intensity of my practice varies a lot from day to day. Just remember not to count the meditation periods when figuring calorie burn. Sometimes that hour class is closer to 40 minutes for cardio purposes--but the meditation is part of why I love yoga. :smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I don't log anymore, but I do count yoga. Many days it's my only form of exercise. I usually practice 10-14 hours a week.

There's a yoga group that is open to all, if you like to talk about yoga more:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1484-generic-yoga-group