water

Options
What liquids can qualify as water? Could sugarless tea?

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I count water as water since it has no calories.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Technically anything containing large amounts of water. Even milk is 87% water. Watermelon is 92% water. I personally don't count water anymore but, when I did, I counted water and tea only...but it depends a lot on your preferences.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Purest will tell you only water counts as water.

I only count my glasses of water towards my water on here. However for my hydration needs I also count my tea, coffee and herbal teas.
  • EllieDanielleG
    EllieDanielleG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    According to my dad coffee and pepsi are water because they contain water. If you're looking to lose weight though, water is the better choice.
  • CharleeCali
    CharleeCali Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I add Crystal Light to my water at work (it's free). I do NOT care for water, but I try to drink 32 oz. of water a day, in addition to everything else.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I sip water all day but never count it. Just reading MFP in the last 30 mins, I drank about 1 liter. Surf and sip. I gotta pee.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I count water and my tea. Mostly hot green tea.
  • peterwcpa
    Options
    I went to a chiropractor years ago who asked me about water. I told her I drank a lots of water as I had several glasses of iced tea every day at lunch. She asked if I would put iced tea in my car battery. The answer (of course) is no.

I know that weight watchers allows a portion of the daily water requirement to be used with tea/coffee. I seem to recall that my water requirement was 8 cups a day, 2 of which could be filled by water/tea.

So I THINK water generally means water.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    For me, water is water. I drink the recommended 64oz a day. However, if you are not used to that amount then start slow and work your way up. You could add Crystal Light, lemon, and cucumbers to it.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    There's an old article on WebMD about a German study that looked at the concept of drinking at least 8, 8oz glasses of water daily as a means to aid weight loss. In that study, they had the participants drink plain water. But they were observing their metabolic rates shortly after drinking water, not discussing what is considered "water". http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20040105/drinking-water-may-speed-weight-loss