PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! Super scared

Options
Today for breakfast I had 2 eggs with onions and peppers, quaker cinnamon spice oatmeal with a banana and a cup of green tea. For lunch I had a very small salad with some guac on top and an apple, raisins for a snack, and for dinner I had cold cut turkey with a small salad and a banana with some peanut butter. I just ate a pint of raspberry sorbet from hagen daaz, is this gonna ruin my progress I feel terrible right now...

Replies

• PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. One bad day isn't going to undo many good days unless you managed to eat 3500 additional calories on top of your weekly maintenance calories.
  • dhgc98
    dhgc98 Posts: 2
    Options
    J34lr,
    Like panda custard said, shake it off and move on but make sure your not creating a habit. If you need to, get rid of any temptations that you know create you to binge. Bestof luck ♥
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! We have all had days like that-controlled all day and then blown it at night when we are in the comfort of our own homes. Cravings, boredom, stress, even happiness! Excuses abound! Just continue on to the next day, and each day as you start working hard towards your goal your will power will improve. Also, make sure you are eating enough calories to cover your activities. See other threads here on TDEE, BMR's, net calories, etc. Your ice cream may still have fit in with your daily goals. Total deprivation of special treats can lead to binges that can slow your efforts down. Good luck.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    that is maybe 1000 calories….

if this is a serious post and you are scared about this…seek immediate help as you have a very strange relationship with food.

ETA - oh a whole pint ..ok this might be 1400 calories…

i stand by my original assertion ...
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    None of this sounds like a binge. . .,how much have you been eating? That all just sounds like someone who got hungry.

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt the amount of food listed even brought you up to your maintenance calories. I think you may need to take a step back and reevaluate your goals so you don't make yourself crazy and/or sick.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, did you enter any of that into your food diary to see how many calories you ate?

Do that first before freaking out.

If it's over 3000 calories, then freak, but only a little.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Any protein?
  • oceanbreeze27
    oceanbreeze27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Please don't beat yourself up for indulging. You made great choices throughout the day and you had a treat to close it out. Log it in your journal and go about your day. Follow the 80/20 rule: Make good choices 80% percent of the time and allow yourself a treat 20%. One moment of weakness will not ruin all your efforts. Give yourself a break and don't give up!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

It's 110 calories for the whole thing? Seriously?

Well hell.

Edit: Wait, that's the mini. It's 480 calories for the whole pint. The rest of my above statement stands.
  • j34lr
    j34lr Posts: 32
    Options

Well hell.

No...I think she pulled up a smaller version....
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Looked it up, a pint of hagandaz raspberry sorbet is 520 calories. Perhaps you were just hungry from not eating enough during the day. Bulk up your meals a bit perhaps, a little more protein or something you find satiating.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    How many calories was it? What is your calorie goal? It doesn't sound like much food to me.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Eewwwww, raisins. Yeah, I'd panic too. They are nasty!!

Aside from that - good day!

Log it! Tomorrow is another day.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Well hell.

No...I think she pulled up a smaller version....

Yeah I edited. It's actually 480 calories. That sounds like my typical dessert. I'm gonna stick with the 'well hell' comment on this one.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You aren't consuming enough calories at lunch.
    Your breakfast sounds semi-okay but your lunch is inadequate.
    Sounds like evening breakout eating cause your body's looking for more cals.
    Eat more earlier in the day.:flowerforyou:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    So log it and move on. Stop being scared of food.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yep.....you need to put your entries in before you eat it if you tend to freak out and feel guilty. There are 4 servings in one pint at 122 calories a serving so we are talking about 488 calories. I wouldn't stress over that but you do need to gain control of your impulses. Next time it could be a pint of ice cream, which packs a more powerful punch.
  • cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You should be more concerned about the sweet at the end of the day. Did you eat it because you were hungry or were addicted to sugar. I can eat a whole meal and then I have to have sugar in any form I can get it. I realised that I am addicted to sugar and I did go stop it during the day but then at night when I am tired and my will power was low, I ate it. So what I did was to buy a sweetner and get all the high sugared foods out of the house. At night, when I was looking for sugar, all I had was tea and sweetner and that took the edge off my sugar craving.

As for the rest of it, everyone else has commented and I dont disagree with them, so I will not comment as well. :flowerforyou:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Here's what I posted in your other thread:

"It won't affect your long-term progress. Just keep going. smile

However, I do think it's important that you understand why you binged. Do you enjoy the food you eat throughout the day? Are you satisfied with your calorie intake and your food choices? Sometimes people end up binging because they're being overly restrictive with food or eating too few calories throughout the day.

If you ate a pint of sorbet just because you like sorbet, one high calorie day here and there shouldn't be a problem. If you ate a pint of sorbet because other aspects of your diet aren't physically or emotionally satisfying to you, then you may want to try incorporating a little more moderation into your food choices."

Especially if a pint is 488 calories. That's really not such a big deal, but I think you need to address why you're having these feelings about the food you eat.