Need Help..Advice..Something

Options
Hey guys, I've been walking atleast a mile 4 days a week (atleast) for two weeks now...The side of my leg...right above my ankle..after walking for awhile gets sooo tight and hurts so bad that its almost unbearable...I push through it and eventually it stops..but after walking that area is incredibly sore. It seems that after a few days it would have stopped..but its like its getting worse everytime I walk....It was just on the left side, now its both sides that are doing it. Any idea what could be causing this? It's really making me not even want to exercise because it hurts so freaking bad. Thanks!

Replies

• Erin29ga
    Erin29ga Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nike Shox...I think I'm going to try different shoes before going to a Dr about it.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Try shoes with a low heel. Most shoes, especially Nike Shox, have a raised heel, and that can cause that kind of pain. Look for shoes with a low "heel to toe drop", like Keds, Converse, Toms, or "minimalist shoes" like Vibrams or Merells. Stretch your calves a few times a day too, since raised heels tighten them.

Keep us posted how it goes..
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Almost unbearable pain? From walking a mile? I'd see a doctor.