Losing weight and gaining size?

Options
Hey, so, I'm really confused, I follow my calories as carefully as possible because I'm in college so I can't be weighing it and making it myself (I have no kitchen), when in doubt I try to overestimate a bit so it'll even out, and yeah I've been weighing myself every day as over christmas break my weight seemed to sneak up on me and I don't know how much I gained but enough to not fit into my "skinny shorts" which is my general goal to be at. So now it's late march and they still don't fit, I work out usually 6 days a week (monday, weds, friday: elliptical for 20-45 mins (i used to run but i can't now (feet problems, tuesday, thursday lifting, and saturday dance or ellipitcal or something active) and I drink lots of water (at least a gallon a day) I do eat what I want in moderations so if I want something "bad" i have it and log it and fit it in. I eat 1690 calories a day and eat back workout calories (I use a HRM for calories burned) and I do see some weight reduction, 5-10 lbs, which is what I thought i wanted to lose, but those shorts are still just as tight, if not tighter, it seems like my top may have gotten smaller (arms and back and stuff) but my thighs and hips and lower stomach has gotten bigger. I just don't see what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it and I'm getting really really frustrated HELP

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Your food tracking isn't consistent which is one of the main problems with losing weight. It is so very easy to eat far more than you track. Eyeballing doesn't work unless you have practiced for a very long time. Secondly, make sure your calorie deficiency is where it should be in order for you to lose weight. You may not be eating enough with that amount of exercise or if you are eating more than your think or should then you may just be maintaining. This is the reason it is very important to track consistently. Last but not least, how long have you been working out? If it has been only a few weeks then give yourself time.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 1690 plus exercise calories seems pretty high for weight loss. I am 5'5" and weigh about 130, 1500-1600 is maintenance for me without exercise. My other thought is that you are very young and probably still developing. There is a point when you won't fit in juniors anymore. Juniors are a different cut, even in larger sizes the fit is not the same as Women's. Trying to remember when I had to transition, but I think I was in my late twenties. Keep trying, you can get it!