Storing eggs in the fridge

Options
I am really sorry if this is not the correct thread for this.

I have searched Google for an answer to this but haven't found anything responding to my specific question.

Two days ago I made an egg curry using this recipe http://www.girlcooksworld.com/2013/05/onion-and-yogurt-egg-curry.html, except with extra vegetables in the dish.

So, the eggs were hard-boiled, peeled, halved and then pan-fried. I put the left-overs in the fridge in a tight-seal container (so the eggs with the curry sauce).

And I'm wanting to know if it is safe to consume tonight. I've read that hard-boiled eggs whole, if kept dry are said to last up to a week? But I can't find anything about eggs that are IN other things (eg. curry sauce).

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I hard boil 6 eggs a week, and put them in the fridge in their shells.
    They are still fine to eat a week after. Never had any issues.
    Not sure if peeled would make a difference, but you should be fine imo.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My general rule is 72 ish hours for just about anything, as long as it was cooled properly.
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh god, yes they're fine. Even someone recovering from cancer has a 3 days out rule (so said my recovering leukaemia friend by his GP), and that's being extraordinarily cautious.
  • Csparrow2014
    Csparrow2014 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am Trinidadian and we use curry all the time. Don't eat it after 3 days, you might regret it. I eat almost anything, I am known for my stomach of steel but I don't mess with old curry.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    You are fine. Eggs last a long time before spoiling, the acids and salts in the other ingredients will extend the time. Back in the old days, before the media made it their business to scare everyone, the taverns would store raw and hard boiled eggs on the counter. No one died.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    yes I'd eat up to 4 days
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My rule is 72 hours.